1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morning Radio: What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Fuck yea!! Stay up my bruth-uh! Nothing starts a day better than God Hates us all guitar breakdown at end of song,
    and screaming those lyrics,or bloodline.My favorites while stopping the voices :D

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I LOVE listening to the Bonfire.These guys cover all the points of women,drugs,music,feldog,get it on the demand ..
    Big j Oakerson,and Dan Soder :)

3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Dan Patrick show.

Razr likes this.
  4. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I listen to Rick and Bubba. I'm sure not to many around do.

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Howard Stern, nothing comes close. Local morning radio is garbage.

orangesuzuki likes this.
  6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I usually listen to a "Top 40" station, unless its a song I don't like then switch to "classic rock"

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I do a morning coffee and a episode of South Park/ get on the computer. I've seen every episode but SP is good enough to give me a laugh and chill for 20 minutes.

Then NPR to hear if we've been nuked yet or audible on the way to work. Last book was Augustus by Anthony Everitt

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I enjoy listening to him if he's interviewing someone. Other than that, it's the same old same old and I change the channel.
    My commute is about 7 minutes, so, I'll typically just put on one of the XM comedy channels.

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

5:30 a.m.
    68°
    Sunroof open
    VW V6 purring
    Das Klagende Lied / Sir Simon Rattle / City of Birmingham Symphony
    Just washes away all the stress from the midnight and 1 a.m. potty training sessions.

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I found myself purchasing a ton of music, so I just subscribed to Apple Music - I also have an Audible membership - so between those two things I never lack for driving entertainment. I absolutely cannot stand morning shows, I am lost on the humor in them I guess.

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yesterday : 82, Sunny and Calm ..Florida
    Today : 26, winter storm warning, 30mph plus winds NNW coming off Lake Michigan , foot and 1/2 of snow on ground.. Leelanau County Michigan .
    Who has time to listen to the Radio ?
    How do you unload an R1 from the back of a pickup with with 17" of SNOW on the ground ?

I already know the answer .. you don't :(
    I should have stayed down South another week :confused:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here on SP. If I'm doing more work here on the laptop then I'll throw on Lets Make a Deal and Price is Right as background noise :D

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'll be the oddball out there, but I slap in motivational tracks in the morning. I usually listen to Team Fearless as I'm prepping food, going through my workout and up until I actually start working. Keeps my energy levels high running into the work day.

14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I just got Apple Music as well. I find myself listening to stuff I normally wouldn't have picked out on my own.

15. sharkattack

Ever listen to Daily Affirmation w/ Stuart Smalley?

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Can't stand talk radio. Gotta be music, so it's flipping through the local channels until something good comes on. There's one local station that plays anything and everything. It's usually my go to and stays on 90% of the time. My commute is only 30 mins, so it's not too bad. Back when it was 1.5hrs+ I had XM, but couldn't justify the cost. I started downloading full concerts off youtube and playing them from a memory stick in the car.

I tried audio books, but found I just didn't retain ANYTHING. It was literately just in one ear and out the other. Rewinding parts I missed, or didn't hear got annoying. Just not my thing.

wife has an hour+ commute and does the podcast thing. This is her favourite https://www.myfavoritemurder.com/. I find it funny watching her pull into the driveway at 9pm after spending an hour+ on the road, and sit in her car for another 10 minutes listening to murder mystery stories. Once in a while I'll sneak out of the house, and sneak up to her window and start banging on it and screaming lol. They weren't big back when I had my long commute so I never got into them.

I agree 100%. Only recently discovered them in the last month or so, and actually like them a lot depending on the guest and topic.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  17. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yep, I like expanding my horizons. Some of their throwback playlists are sweet.

sharkattack likes this.
  18. sharkattack

I also like some of the Shared Playlists too. Saves me the trouble of putting one together! ;)

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

not-anymore.jpg

sharkattack likes this.
  20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Not since he couldn't motivated Charles Barkley to get a ring

[​IMG]

sharkattack likes this.