1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moooovin on up!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 28, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

And you say .. the old lady left me for some monkey looking guy in Oshkosh. And can’t get access to her medical records :D

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So you provide some fake ass letter on fake ass doctor's letterhead and when/if employer calls to verify if someone (someone not even under his employ, no less) is being treated there, the doctor's office tells him to go pound a HIPPA (HIPAA? HIPPO?) pile of sand.

Newyork likes this.
  3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

In my experience most of the time this type of thing does not happen unless there is something suspect going on that warrants it... like stated already, I’m sure others have similar situations, I have two friends who are physicians so producing documentation wouldn’t be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ve been called a lot of things, but “monkey looking”?? :crackup:

auminer likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Damn guys. I’m just putting out the fact that it COULD happen. Just making sure he’s thought through the angles and has his ass covered. As a longtime HR guy, I’d be asking for it whether I thought it was questionable or not. Providing/requesting documentation for absences, especially extended ones, is just common practice for most places.

Newyork and Sabre699 like this.
  6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So he gets two negative tests, one five days in and another 10 days in and provides the results to HR.
    HR can't request medical documentation from a non-employee who is not on company insurance. No authority to see that info, as it's HIPPA protected.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nope. But we can request and expect medical support to justify the employee needing to be out. With the covid pandemic, people are absolutely being provided documentation that they need to quarantine due to exposure.

And documentation that an individual has been exposed and needs to quarantine isn’t protected health information and wouldn’t fall under HIPAA.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I wasn't provided any docs from the person who potentially exposed me.

My brother was with me for the weekend.
    On Monday, he was informed that a co-worker of his tested poz the previous Friday.
    He quarantined, and was tested twice at 5 and 10 days - thankfully both came back Neg.
    I quarantined because I had been with him when he may have been contagious.
    I tested neg after 5 days, and again after 10.
    I had nothing but my own docs.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Glad it was simple for you. Again, none of that has anything to do with what we CAN request and expect. I’ve been working through this for the past 10 months with medical providers and county health departments.
    To be clear, there’s also a difference in what is allowed/available between those receiving FFCRA pay and those not falling under that umbrella.
    Hell, some places are just having employees sign affidavits stating they had been instructed to quarantine. But under the FFCRA, the employer had better have documentation on file to justify the tax break being claimed.

Again, I don’t know his exact situation. I’m simply bringing up what COULD be an issue for him. I don’t know why you feel like you have to argue it. Especially when even in your own argument you point out that you had documentation to provide, which is normal.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I have an appointment for a test on Monday. I keep my bases covered.

I’m still debating on whether or not to stick it out. I’ll definitely leave if I can find another estimator job, but I’m not so sure I want to go back to busting hump. If I need to take a step back to take a step forward for my health and for my stress levels I might just do it.

pscook and Funkm05 like this.
  11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Right move. Nothing could be worse than to have your old, current employer cause issues over a false claim and you lose that job, too. Just trying to help.

Newyork and cortezmachine like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

This one time when I was younger I actually drove around looking for a tow truck driver to bribe for a tow slip that said my vehicle was a theft recovery so I had an excuse to not go to work for two days because I had been partying my ass off :crackup:

Newyork likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

Just going with the picture YOU posted .. didn’t realize till just now , that’s not you :D

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

:)

Attached Files:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What picture did I post? Where? Not gonna lie ... I’m lost on this one. :crackup:

16. motoracer1100

Your kidding , Right ? how about your Avatar picture ? :crackup::D

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup: I deadass never even thought about my avatar pic. :crackup:

18. motoracer1100

Not the first time in beeb History , that someone has to be taken by the hand over to the mirror to see the nose on their face :D

badmoon692008 and beac83 like this.
  19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Man, I was looking at my recent Facebook posts, trying to figure out what I’d posted here ... never once looked at my avatar pic. It’s been a week. :crackup:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Don't know about CA, but in MD if you test and/or test positive the MD Health Department is involved in both cases/situations. And, they keep in contact with you
    along the way if you test positive. Not that this will get all that involved for a few days off from work for you....but that was my experience.

As far as the new job, I think you have to give it a chance. Six months to a year seems fair. Maybe you out perform the previous people that had that position and do much better.
    NO job I've ever had was ever truly accurately described to me. I'm an IT nerd, so I've always made my moves for the challenge of learning something new. It sounds like you've never had a job like this before, so by staying for six months to a year, you add that to your resume...your toolbox/skill set becomes more diverse and stronger. In the end you become more marketable.

I learned this lesson from a VERY smart guy I have worked with the last almost 7 years. He will do things that Customers want that are ridiculous....because....if he can make their screwed up ideas work, he becomes more skilled in his craft...he takes challenges on to make himself better. And he's a freakin' rock star because of it.

I offer that to you as consideration of what this job can do for YOU for personal career growth....not what YOU do for the job.