1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Montreal to Toronto on 401

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, May 25, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

For some mad reason my son has decided to drive to Toronto after work today. It looks like it's out 90 or up 89 to 401 down to Toronto. What's 401 like? Any tolls?
    I'm sure the Mass Pike is going to be a massive cluster tomorrow.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Why would he want to go to Toronto. It is the worst.

3. In Your Corner

Bad judgment.

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

401 is fine. It’s a straight shot and will get congested around ajax/Pickering as youre heading into the city. Depending on what time of day you might catch it clear.

And for the folks that say why Toronto, blah blah, screw’em it’s a fun city. I lived there for three years and had a blast. Wife and I were talking about it just yesterday and we would move back in a heartbeat!

If you have questions shoot me a pm - I lived downtown right on the water and know the city and surroundng area very well.

5. In Your Corner

He's visiting a resident so he should be okay.

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Toronto was cool because of all the things Alberta money paid for. Ha

7. Toronto is a fun city, only advice is watch the speeding. 401 is a road that should have a 100mph speed limit but people don’t know how to drive. The whole stay right except to pass thing never caught on.

mike w likes this.
  8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

401. The busiest highway in the world. The biggest problem with living in southern Ontario and going to eastern Ontario is there is no way around Toronto.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Should be no prob. Depends what time he'll be coming through it could be pretty jammed up from about Scarborough right down the DVP. Nothing you can do except relax and acknowledge you're going to give up the next hour of your life to drive 20 km.

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

No tolls. Unless he wants to bypass Toronto he can go north to the 407 and experience one of the most expensive toll roads in the world.

Had to take it a few weeks back. 35km after camera fees, user fees etc came out to be $20.

11. JumpIntheFire

JumpIntheFire come crawling faster

Avoid Montreal. major highways closures this weekend.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He can stop at Shanny and do a few laps on the way by.

13. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Opening round of Canadian Superbike is at Shannonville this weeken.