1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Bombshell

Discussion in 'General' started by mango, Mar 23, 2006.

1. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

http://www.thegreyeagle.com/calendar/

Tues the 28th

Be there or be Ghey. :moon:

Asheville NC. If you're close you have no excuse, if you're far away, you still

have no excuse. I've got a couple extra beds here if someone wants to stay

overnight. First ask first served.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Holy Crap!!!! I haven't seen him since his first tour with Sugar which totally rocked.

Looks like Cats Cradle on Monday night works better for me. Thanks for the invite and even more thanks for the heads up! :beer:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you don't go to see Mould you'd either a moron or dead. If you're dead, go anyway.

The guy is SICK live.

4. mango

:up:

I haven't been to a show in AGES. I saw the Huskers, Sugar and Bob Electric

and acoustic. The acoustic show in Knoxville was outta this world. I should

expect this will be no different.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn. Is that place still open? It's older than a lot of folks on this board.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I saw him just before he formed Sugar he played an accoustic set and then switched to his strat. He proceeded to play so hard that he took the black paint off the strat and tore open all his fingers. He continued to play.

The guy is probably the best song writer that you've never heard of.

I've seen Husker, Bob on his own a few times , Sugar, Blow off (Bob Mould's dance party) and his latest band. The latest stuff stacks up to anything that Sugar did.

7. Joe Morris

I couldn't hear well for a couple days and I got my head busted in the pit so my eye was swollen shut for awhile. I couldn't stop the bleeding and got refused service at Waffle House. I had to drive my Ryder truck, towing my car, through Atlanta morning traffic this way......

AND I'D DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!

The show was incredible and even though it set off a crazy chain of events I have great memories of the whole thing. I still think Sugar "Copper Blue" was one of the best CD's of the 90's.

8. Joe Morris

Yep! It's part of that network of regional clubs that get all the good acts. Ziggy's in Winston-Salem does pretty well but Cat's Cradle does better. There aren't many in this area though. The bigger cities seem to draw them more often for more dates. But, I'll take what I can get. Chapel Hill is only an hour away.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

10. mango

Wavey Davey, you outta come down, you'd have a free place to stay,

and the number of hippies to kick after the show is just off the scale.

Throw in a Tastykake and damn, stick a fork in me.

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Mould in Asheville? Sounds like a moshpit of birkenstocks and tevas... hey, it's all good. Mango-- get your priorities straight. Are you coming to race me at Jennings this weekend?
    Slay

12. mango

This Chris? If so, whats up LW slayer. I wont be out again till Barber. Jennings is a national you know.

13. mango

I just saw the sign off, Slay.

WHATS UP!!!!!!!!! Damn it was good to meet you. If I raced with and came

third to you and George all year that would be fine with me. The three of us

are gonna have to work on our game and stay out front all year. You gonna

be at Barber? We'll have to make arrangements for us three to pit around

each other. Again, I can't say enough how good it was to meet, hang with and

race with people of your and Georges caliber.

Mango (Slay draftee)

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I don't know who this is ,but if beer is involved and i'm still off work count me in.:beer:

15. mango

Shoo know eet baybee. You gonna be at Barber?

I wanted hang with you more at RRR, but damn this racin stuff keeps you busy.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yeah the racing does keep ya busy.I'm planning on Barber & David is only racing sprints on Sundays,So I have all day Sat to screw off & drink your beer. Hate we didn't get to hang out at RRR but we can throw back a few at Barber:beer: :D

17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

mangoid, you've got a pm.
    latremont--