1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

@ Mongo: Senior Superbike

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Yankee Bravo, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Yankee Bravo

Yankee Bravo Well-Known Member

Mongo, I have a question regarding Senior Superbike... Are SV650 and SV1000 legal for senior medium and senior heavy weight, respectively? If not, why not? From the rules, it would appear they are since those bikes are covered under C and B rules, but discussion has come up and I just want to clarify for myself and any other FNGs who might have the same question... (I have the senior part covered... that was easy...)

Thanks in advance...

YB

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't want the SV650 out there with 1k's in a sprint race so it's not. However the SV1000 is fine in HW.

3. Yankee Bravo

Yankee Bravo Well-Known Member

Senior medium weight is 600s, right? What literbikes? Is SMWSB usually run with other classes at the same time? Do you keep SV650s out of "C" altogether or only Senior Medium? I would guess the same would apply for the Ninja 650R twin also? If the SV650 can't run "C", do you allow it to run in "D" without regard to the water cooled 4-valve 600cc displacement limit? Are there any twins that you do permit in "C", other than the 848 Ducati exception? It would be most helpful if there was a comprehensive list of permitted bikes/classes, especially when bikes seem to line up with stated rules but are not permitted...

Sorry for the questions... I need more information before I start spending money...

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

SSB Medium and Heavy run together.

The rest of your questions are spelled out in the rulebook.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can run a lot of classes on the SV650 without having to run SSB. SSB runs both HW and MW together on the track which is why I have reservations about the SV. Technically it can run C but it's not very smart unless you're good. Very good.