1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo - Portland endurance question...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Lizard 1, May 17, 2001.

1. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Sean-

What hour race is Portland? I just got my Fastlines and it stated Portland will be a four hour. The schedule listing on the web site claims 6 hours. Which is it? Just wanted to clear things up for tire allocation, etc.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I screwed up the Fastline - it will definitely be a 6 Hour...

3. Lizard 1

Saaweeet. I figured as much - I mean, what's it worth to drive so far and only ride for four hours? Thanks.

4. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

When is everyone leaving? Being that we're driving 44 hours to get there, is anyone interetsed in a caravan there? I'd hate to hear that some lost a trailer tire or something along the way and couldn't make it. We might as well help each other get there...

We're leaving Wednesday night from NAshville, possibly hitting 70 though Denver, then 80 to Portland. How is everyone else planning to go?

5. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

44 hours? Yeesh.

Sometimes it's good to be one of the few regular "W" riders in WERA...

But usually not. :)

6. 13x

13x 13x.com

I heard Portland was cancelled. Didn't you hear that Scott? (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Jim

7. brian

brian Well-Known Member

i'm leaving wednesday also. i live near louisville, KY. oh but wait i'm flying guess i'll see you there. [​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Daggone punk kids palying on their parents computers - Portland is NOT cancelled.

However VIR is on Friday....

9. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

Is Rausch creek then a 4 or 6 hour?

10. Lizard 1

Yeah, that's it - the Portland round isn't cancelled - the MWSB class has been excluded like the novices and there is no need for ANY MWSB teams to show. We, of course, don't listen real well and will probably show anyways. We're just going to watch (heh,heh,heh)

11. backdraftmoto

It doesn't matter. We're switching to MWSB from SS starting at Talladega. I have to pay Jim back from Texas somehow, so we devised a plan to screw up that class as much as possible. See you at the track! [​IMG]

12. 13x

13x 13x.com

I'll be on the number 8 kawasaki. Bet you can't run me off the track!

Jim

13. backdraftmoto

I'll be on the blue 706 GSXR. Bet you can't stand me up in a corner again! [​IMG] After watching Edwards and Bayliss, I'm throwing elbows.

14. Lizard 1

Yeah, Jim and I will be riding two up ala Mamola at the Tally round - purely experimental in trying to do some research for WERA on adding a new class.

As far as standing Jim up, I can do a great heal clicker - superman seat grab - bail manuever that will leave Jim to fend for himself, so have at it. Just look for the big skull and piston bones flailing behind the green Lizard bike and allow for proper manuevering time - say about 2 seconds once I see ya.

15. 13x

13x 13x.com

Sorry about that. I thought you were on a Kawasaki.

J