1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo-LWTSS windscreen confirmation

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Scout, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Mongo, my teammates and I want to make sure we haven't taken a wrong path regarding windscreens. Is it correct that since LWTSS rules state "there are no bodywork limits in LWT" and if you consider the windscreen part of the bodywork then doublebubble windscreens are LWTSS legal? By extension a LWTSS bike bumping up to HWTSS would continue to be legal w/dblbubble?

Wouldn't be so concerned with this if didn't already own a doublebubble.

Is it safe also to assume that they would be legal in Suzuki Cup events run within WERA and also the Suzuki Cup Finals run under the auspices of WERA (w/WERA's LWTSS rules) at the GNF??

Sorry if got a little too detailed, an answer either way is ok just so we know....Thank you,
    Wes

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I think he said awhile back that although there are no bodywork limits, you still COULDN'T run a double bubble. I tried to do a search but couldn't find it. It was a month or so ago.

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

When the SVs were in D-super last year under SS rules they could.

4. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

At the beginning of last year, Sean emailed me and said since the SV did not have bodywork limitation.........any windscreen was cool. I ran a double bubble all last year without any problem....I just wish they had a triple bubble...........still kinda big to get behind that little screen.

:D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DB's are legal on the SV.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Simple thing in the big picture of race expenses but still glad I don't have to repurchase a windscreen. Looking forward to the new SS class structure for us LW bikes this season.
    Wes

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Sometimes there are additional requirements from Suzuki for Suzuki cup bikes. I don't think they have put out 2004 rules yet. For instance last year for 1000 twins, WERA HW Superbike rules were in effect, but a Suzuki cup bike had to have stock wheels and brakes even though SUperbike rules would permit those items to be changed.

Don't imagine it will be a problem for bodywork since the bike did not come with it, but you might want to check into it. It won't be a big deal until the final.