1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mongo legal or not?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by keg0900, Jan 28, 2005.

1. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

is this paint/number plate sceme legal or not?
    its going to be used as my endurance bike and sprint bike
    and the rules say an endurance bike can be used as is for sprints?
    and it says numbers on front not centered.

im really not trying to be trouble I just went through alot to get that paint done.

please help

[​IMG]

2. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

It's legal. Lots of people have number plates like that in WERA. Including me, Geoff May, Ryan Elleby, Ryan Gordon, etc. At last year's National at Fontana, CA, it seemed like 75% of the WERA West guys had their plates like that too.

3. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thats what i thought but i have had some people freak out on me saying that there not.

hey todd did you get a ride on an endurance team yet?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Legal for Endurance, not for sprints sorry.

5. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

dont the rules say i can run my endurance bike as is in sprints.?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The bike isn't the issue, the numberplate is - it is not legible for the scorers when they are on the bikes right, so it is NOT legal. No matter what people did last season they will not be doing it this year, it's a racebike, put the plate in the center of the front fairing.

I absolutley cannot believe I am going to have to waste space in the rulebook clarifying this kind of silly stuff.

7. choppertim

choppertim Well-Known Member

Plate colors

Mongo does the color of your backing plates matter in either sprints or endurance? Thanks for all the information.

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Re: Plate colors

I will speak up, since Mongo is probably changing the rulebook to read "no number slanting" ;) :D Sprints they have to be the color of your status: yellow for novices, white for expert. And "No number slanting" ;)

For the number requirements, check rulebook Chapter 6.

little about endurance numbers

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

The ones that are sideways like that suck!!!!

10. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thanks paige i love you to

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D I like the look of it...it is just really hard to score them. :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. The numberplates are not a style part of the bike, they are a working part and as such they need to work properly just like other working portions of the bike.

FWIW the front number plate is named such because it needs to be on the front of the bike, not on one side or the other....

13. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thats fine mongo i just wish i had known that before i spent the money to have it painted. it just really puts me in a tight spot thats all. i did it because last year others had and i didnt realize it had to be centered. especially with it being an endurance and sprint bike thats all.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry dude - we tried being nice last year and the plates got worse and worse so now we finally have to step in and force people back to what the scorers can see.

15. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Just get another upper to use for sprint races.

16. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Ahh, how about a bike like the Kawi ZX6RR, with its ram air duct directly in the middle of the upper, it leaves a small area for numbers. If I am given a 3 digit number this year, I have no choice but to slant the numbers a bit. I am not putting them across the windscreen..... of course this is if I use the endurance bike for sprints :)

17. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

You're right, you don't. ;)

You can always paint the lower section of the windscreen and put the numbers above the ram air opening.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the Kawi it's iffy if painting the lower portion of the windscreen would affect the rider being able to see well enough tucked at speed so we're allowing you to do two smaller numberplates - one on each side of the front fairing. This is the ONLy bike getting an exception other than the RC51. All others need one single plate centered.

19. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Mongo, I am greatful for the exceptionon the Kawis, since I have 2 of them I will be usuing with WERA this year:)

20. brian126

brian126 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry! :Poke: