1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods for the 250

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ninja250Rider, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

What are some mods (other than a pipe and jet kit) to get the ex250 to push out a few more ponies and some torque?

2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

engine mods are great, but after the basics you are better off upgrading the suspension, brakes, and other little things. The 250 will be down on power, but without doing something REALLY major it will always have that characteristic. Spend your money in a place that will be more useful. Like James223 said it is a great way to teach you to ride, and bring up you corner speed. Keep the spending low because the 250 will teach you alot, but there will come a point at which you decide that you need to upgrade, and at that point a 250 with $10K(not saying that you would ever spend that much) worth of upgrades will not be an easy thing to sell, while still getting some of your money out of it.

Racing is a black hole for money. Just remember whatever you spend on upgrading a bike is usually money down the tubes.

Welcome to the insanity. Be prepaired to go broke, everyone else her is, I am not yet because I haven't picked up my race bike yet. Have fun.!!:)

Brian
    :beer: :beer: :beer: