1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moding Blackbird clipons For an f4I

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Heartsofoak441, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

My understanding is that you can somehow mod Cbr1100XX Blackbird Clipons to fit under the triple tree on an F4I. My understanding is remove some material to make it Mate to the underside of the triple clamp.

I am trying to get this done.

Anyone know how to do this

Thanks

2. digglerdirk

digglerdirk Member

f4I clip on

you have to use a die grinder to take out a little of the material. grind out the material that hit when you slide the clamp up near the top clamp. grind them to fit depending on clip on placement per your personel preference. i did this on my f4i many years ago it helps the riding position quite a bit.

you would not happen to havve a set of stock springs for the f4i for sale would you ?

3. GPgofast

GPgofast Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that I had done this on my old F4i racebike.

Yep, one of the best mod's you can make to the F4i to make it more trackable. Like the previous poster said, take a die grinder and remove material to allow the clipon to slip up to meet the top triple. It just takes a little time. I would post pics of the finished product if I can find somewhere to host...gp

4. hey_joe52

hey_joe52 New Member

Do you have any clearance issues with the blackbird clip-ons? I bought some aftermarket clip-ons, like vortex, but I want the clip-ons to be lower. I grinded the factory clip-ons a little and mounted them under the triple, but they were too low...they hit the black plastic intake tube covers when I turn the wheel. I am thinking now about trying the blackbird clip-ons so please let me know. Any pictures would be really great too! THANKS!!

5. hey_joe52

hey_joe52 New Member

GPgofast... can you email me some pics? Did you have the plastic intake covers on the bike? Thanks!

[email protected]

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

dont know if he is around here any more but his bike with those clipons is in my garage.in fact I just took them off after crash,one is bent and I am replacing it.
    inside of riser on clipon is round but you need little more clearance to be able to push it up against triple.
    pay shipping and I will mail you bent one to see.dont have camera handy.