1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitt & 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Mitt Pointless

Yeah we can elect Mitt but what's the point?
    This guy is a wealthy insider fully vetted by the Establishment
    He's the epitome of Mr Status Quo
    I am seeing signs of the young "change and hope" voters going to RP....

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The Mitt is definitely the Establishment candidate. I don't really like Ron Paul because of some of his foreign policy positions, but I would vote for him just to prove a point. He definitely is a genuine believer in the founding principles of the Republic, but he's not the total package, which is why he won't get the nomination. Someone with the principles of Ron Paul, but with actual charisma, is what we need.

3. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I agree with you but I don't think that you will find someone with the "fire" to bring the US govt back to the confines of the constitution until the whole thing burns down. RP is the candidate closest to that solution, the others are all statists as they all seem to be believers in the "system" as it exists. Yeah, maybe tweak it a bit.

Tweaking by these candidates' standards won't work. DC has been arguing since the Rs took the House about some sort of deficit reduction. The reduction was a joke! 1.2 trillion over 10 years when the short fall is more than that in only one year.

After both houses recently passed the defense spending bill whereby Posse Comitatus was extinguished, I realized that there is no hope for this machine. Why is the land of the split tongues not burning? That kind of wholesale power grab should have been met by armed minutemen. It reminds me of this gem written 12 February 1779

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." --Samuel Adams

The govt machine is the internal invader and the majority of the electorate don't care. The machine will have to be allowed to self destruct. Maybe the people will then regain their virtue. This is why, short of their being no Ron Paul, I'll be voting for Barak--cuz he'll certainly get the job done quicker.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sadly most do. So the self anointed genuises try to create there version of utopia in between stealing :beer: