1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minneapolis Chase & Shoot

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lizard84, Jul 30, 2018.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sucks but his sister is wrong. That was all on him. Glad the lady and kid sitting with him weren't hurt.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Did I miss him "Turning toward the officers"..BEFORE, he was shot??

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

If you have a gun in your hand and you don’t drop it guess what’s going to happen?

crashman likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, that's not news.

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Impressive. Run till you’re almost out of breath, and still hit a moving target. And, a bottle or cup ain’t what they kicked away from him.

Guess the new motto is”my guy die, I got to lie”.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

i was looking for the "trigger" action, but the video is so jumpy, you can't really tell. it looked like he was losing the foot race and if i was a lawyer, i would simply say he shot him because he wasn't going to catch him. in truth, i can't tell if he looked back, moved the gun back towards the officer or anything of an aggressive nature. he had lots of back up, so hopefully, someone saw what precipitated the action.

i couldn't be a cop.

jase likes this.
  8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

shot.JPG
    I saw the pulled a gun out part.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

When will the BLM riots begin.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The officer did about everything one could reasonably do to try to get the suspect to stop and put his hands up. How many times to you have to be told "I will shoot you" before you do what you are told, stop and put your hands up? Even if he was reaching to pull the gun out and drop it, that is not what he was asked to do, nor would it be a good idea.

This was a tragedy that didn't have to happen if the guy wouldn't have taken off and just complied in the first place. Or if he would have stopped and put his hands up anytime during the chase, although even there I am guessing it wouldn't have been very pleasant for the suspect at that point, but much better than getting shot.

Britt likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

After he was shot.... (shooting started before the trashcans)

12. sheepofblue

Everyone focuses on the poor asshole but stop and consider. Every residence he ran by people were put in harms way with stray shots. He ran and had the gun either out or loose enough that when he went down it skidded off from him. The original call was an armed person FIRING a gun so how many more decent folks did he endanger prior to the cops showing up. Sorry the cops were reasonable if not perfect and it was 100% on him. I feel bad for his family and don't blame his sister's attempt to stand up for him but that reflects her caring for his brother not him being right.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Stupid games...stupid prizes. The outcome of this situation was 100% the decision of the room temperature idiot. Also remember that he was walking around shooting and that's why PD was on that call, so they already knew he was a threat. What bothers me more than anything is the resulting power grab from the usual idiots. There is now a push to have a city council oversight committee which would give these retards power over MPD. My son's career on that department is going to be tough if they get this power.

Protests started that day, but no riots from the thug brigade yet...maybe tonight?

There is a frame in there where you can see him turned around and gun pointed towards the officer right as the shots started. I think the officer saw the gun come around his torso and fired immediately. I wonder if that officer is a combat vet with a lot of gunfighting experience. He is super cool while running, pistol trained one-handed while he's gaining ground on the bad guy, then wicked fast reflex as soon as he saw that pistol come around.

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  14. sheepofblue

If they get that I would suggest your son move to a place where police are appreciated for doing a tough job. I could be wrong but I bet the money and benefits can be matched with a FAR lower risk of being the victim of a political witch hunt, or worse acting in a manner that endangers his life needlessly.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is this the same guy that when the family set up flowers they used a bathroom selfie for his photo? LOL. That’s funny sh!t right there.

Pillar of the community that guy. :rolleyes:

The family should be arrested for the “there will be consequences” statement. Just because your brother/son/whatever got himself killed doesn’t mean you get to threaten the city and it’s law abiding citizens.

My heart hurts for them ....
    DB7EA9E1-27B7-4D2D-9C84-40D57676CA9E.jpeg

badmoon692008 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those cops had some tricked out guns! The one that did the shooting had an extended mag, and the one providing cover there at the end had an RMR mounted on his.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yep.. awesome composure for a running gun battle.... if the guy wasn't planning on shooting he should have dropped the gun.. cop warned him plenty in advance of the actions...there is NOTHING to protest or riot over..

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

That’s never stopped them before....

19. sheepofblue

Hey sometimes you just need to burn your neighborhood and loot any business that you might want to stay...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Several years ago