1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini racing a grom!

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Dragginass, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

2. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

as for your edit... if you can't find the limit of the stock suspension in the first 2 corners then you are probably pretty slow... that is not a slam, it just is the truth...

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I guess time will tell, but I don't think the Grom will prove to be $2,000 better than the 100's.

4. jwb

it was better the moment i put my deposit down it 6 months before they arrived in this country...

it does not sound like you should buy one...

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Damn you Shane.... I sat on two of them here at the Honda of New Orleans place..

Damn you to hell!!! Because I sat on them then ran away lol

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Would be nice to be able to take the track mini on the street though...

7. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

does CMRA have a whole mini series?

8. jwb

yes... sorta...

it has been on life support since the EX250s were let in... it pretty much killed the true minis as it was way too easy to put a 250 together, throw some pump gas in it, and be reasonably quick... all that has led to mini endurance series being replaced with the LWT Endurance...

they still have a sprint for the minis, but, all the classes are combined into one race now... the Groms line up in the back...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Find us a sponsor to build trophies like that and we'll give em away no problem! :D

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

How much did they want for them?

11. sharky nrk

Having just moved back to TX this is of great interest to me. 1. My brother has a LWT Endurance Team and Sprints his Endurance bike in E superstock. 2. I have prepped an EX250 to sprint in as well next season. But 3. and most closes tied with this question is I have an XR100 I built for OMRL in Ohio before I moved back and am curious if CMRA has a place for it, sprints or endurance.

12. jwb

13. sharky nrk

The problem with TMGP is going to Katy or Denton just for that, at least with CMRA I would be there for the 250 as well and even if I wasn't racing a big (little) bike I could be there pitting with people for their races and just do the 1 six lap sprint on the XR.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

where in Katy do they race?
    I need to check it out!

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

$3800

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

if you're insistent on having 1 bike pull street/track duty, I agree.

I just look at the $3k spent on a Grom (plus the list of upgrades it 'needs' to be competitive in a non-stock class) and then think, "Hmmm... I could buy 2 bikes for that much money, and be a lot less pissed off when I crash the 'track' bike."

Like someone else said, when they come down to $1500 for a used example, I'll be a lot more interested. Until then, it's not how I would spend that much coin. If others can afford it, then good on them! Someone has to buy them new before there is a used market.

17. Dragginass

Thats $600 above msrp....no wonder they are sitting there!

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Think Honda kinda tried increasing the demand with a low MSRP trying to get folks into the dealers stores. The gromster mafia has a whole breakdown by region which dealers are getting what, how much otd, etc.

My local honda dealer is sticking it in buyers poopers as nobody gets out the door for under $4k.

19. Dragginass

Yeah, I'm just too cheap for that. I'll give $3300 cash OTD to the first dealer to take it. I may be waiting a while though....

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I would call Brookhaven Honda, they are usually the cheapest around here.