1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini bike insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Apr 21, 2016.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I need liability insurance on 3 little motorcycles.

one is a Honda ct trail 90
    a Honda crf 70
    and a Honda z50

I have had no luck with geico, rider or progressive even wanting to insure them. Only need like a 3 month or 6 month policy so I can take the family trail riding at a park in PA.

2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Allstate insures my Dirtbike...

3. zippytech

I will try them, got a call into state farm but have not heard back

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

It's dirt cheap too. 20 bucks a month for full coverage.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Dairyland insures my 50cc Honda Spree (I think it's 16 bucks a year or so LOL).

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Is insurance a requirement at that park?

7. zippytech

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Damn, I long for the days where a guy didn't have any bullshit hoops to jump through, people's word was all other's needed to feel secure and honor was an actual thing people believed in. We used to ride in people's land by just asking them (as little kids), some cared, most didn't, now there is no way that will ever happen. Cant' even get good neighbors to let our kids ride in their woods anymore. It's only been maybe 20 years since I was one of those kids and so quickly times changed that.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, we were being sued by racers families 20 years ago, and 30 even. Gotta cover your ass.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For antiques like the trail 90 or the monkey bike you might try antique insurance like JP Taylor who I use for 6 antique bikes...$270/year...dunno about dirt bikes though.

11. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Progressive insures my YSR50, they might do it and they are great to deal with, can do everything online and prices are good.

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Rider. Com or progressive will write it unless there is more to the story. Why didn't they do it?

No one writes policies for less than 6 months. Buy the longer and cancel for a refund when you no longer need it