1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini’s in the NE?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by baconologist, Nov 19, 2021.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

@Kurlon @Johnny B
    Any mini action up that way?
    I have a friend in MA looking to get his 10yo on track.

2. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

NJMP, New Jersey Motorsports Park has mini's. My buddy has his kid in it and cannot stop professing its benefits. I am hoping to get out there myself next year. Quite a few of the up and coming MA kids are going through this group.

There is a facebook page for NJMiniGP. Get 'em out there!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

All sorts of stuff going on up here. There's NEMM going on at Boxshop Speedway in Maine. http://www.boxshopspeedway.com/ Google search indicates that Sergio is taking over from Aaron and there seems to be mention of a Boxshop Speedway in Beverly, MA. I will defer to @Kurlon for more detailed info on this.
    Last weekend I was at Londonderry Speedway for the SOS races. It's a 1/4 mile banked paved oval. Kevin Clark, known as the most flamboyant starter in dirt track, is one of the principals behind this series.
    https://www.facebook.com/SOS-Racing-Promotions-Inc-108964708219678
    I'm sure there must be more that Josh can add.

baconologist likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

NJMiniGP all the way. We had race weekends in Morristown and Syracuse, NY as well as in Millville, NJ this year.

Great program, great organization, and some great racing. The kids have an absolute blast.

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Isn’t NJMGP in south Jersey? That’s a long way from Worcester.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yup, it’s in Millville.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Aaron was doing really cool stuff fur kids with nemm. I really enjoyed seeing the effort he was putting in. I need to call him. He's so hard to track down though..

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Johnny B covered it pretty well. Sergio has taken the reins of NEMM and will be running that series with events at Boxshop Speedway in Parsonsfield ME, possibly some events elsewhere? Best bet to keep track of this will be the NEMM group on Facebook.

Aaron runs schools at Boxshop for all ages, keep an eye on http://boxshopspeedway.com/ for school events.

SMEC also has kids classes, they have events all over the place, facebook is the best place to see what they're up to.

9. StaccatoFan

As others have already said, it's in Millville inside the NJMP Lightning side of the facility. There are families from Conn and MA that come down to race there.

And, like I said, they also had events in Morristown, NY and Syracuse, NY this season. Morristown is just a stones throw from the Canadian Border.

Even if someone's kid races a local series, like we do the DMVMiniGP series because it's only 20 minutes from my house...it's not a horrible idea to maybe, once
    your kid gets some races under thier belt to race in the NJMiniGP series....they will have a hard time progressing if they don't race faster competition, and different tracks.

Your friend's kid is actually a little late getting into this at 10-11. There are some fast kids in that age range with NJ. Tell your friend the Kawi KLX 110 is the dominant platform for the
    kid's 110 classes (Spec 110 and MiniGP Pro). Wheels can be sourced from K&J Racing solutions so that platform can run 12 inch wheels with good Mitas race rubber. Joel Laub, Jr. probably races up there. He's a fast little kid.

baconologist likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

If your friend needs a suit for his kid, send me a PM...depending on the child's size, I may have a suit I'll liquidate reasonably, too. Mine's not going to fit into his Heroic at the start of next season. He's grown at least 2 inches and gained over 10 pounds since his last race in August already. The CRF110's forks are already in the shop for heavier springs.

baconologist likes this.
  11. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

Any tips for finding kart tracks in your part of the world where i can just show up any given weekend and ride a minibike? Pay to ride, open tracktime? If yall could just post some of the tracks you know, I can make my own list and contact them for details. Trying to put together a 2 week road trip and in the planning phase.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Both NJMP kart track and United Karting beside BWI airport in Baltimore both do practice days. NJMP offers tracktime almost every day and United does Fri-Sun mornings when they don't have actual kart or minimoto races.

13. Johnny B

It looks like Sergio booked two dates at NHMS, too. One is during Bike Week. I assume they'll be setting up something in one of the lots because the USCRA has the road course both weekends.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

AFAIK it'll be the same parking lot and hill combo that's been used by SMEC the past couple of years.

15. Johnny B

If it's available. It seems every weekend I am up there, the drifters have that lot. The June weekend will also be hosting an AFT national at the dirt track. Gonna be busy.

16. Johnny B

S-3.