1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio AMA FX on Speed?

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Aug 7, 2007.

1. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Anyone have any idea when this will be broadcast? It was scheduled for 1 pm EDT today, but instead they showed the Sat. Superbike race. Can't see it anywhere on schedule on the Speed website or on my cable company's program guide.

2. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I thought it was supposed to be on at 2:00 PM today? Did they even run it, or was it rained out too?

3. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I know. I was sitting around the house waiting to watch that race but instead I get to see superbike.... again... :rolleyes:

I don't expect it to ever see the light of day lol.

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

It was today, but I think they are re-running it this Wednesday and Thursday as well.

5. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Pete, please re-read my original post, and concentrate on not moving your lips this time. The FX race *was not* on Speed today at 1 pm EDT as scheduled. They replayed the Sat SB race at 1 pm, and showed the Sunday Superbike race at 2 pm.

Looking through the schedule on the Speed website, and looking though both my cable provider and my Tivo program schedule, they do not show it listed anywhere.

My guess is without the Superstock race to round out the hour show, it will never make the light of day. Pity, I so look forward to my 1.5 seconds of TV fame as Josh Hayes laps me . . .

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Well, as I had it on my DVR but had not watched it, I'm sorry that you will miss you 1.5 seconds of fame on TV this week. More than likely they will show it next week. I'm sure you can wait that long.

7. RCR_531

RCR_531 Well-Known Member

I looked for it on Speed TV.com under programs and nothing came up for Mid Ohio. Whats up with that?

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

You are correct. At least that's what the TV producer at Mid-Ohio told me.

9. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

And confirmed by the folks at Speed, who were nice enough to respond to my e-mail:

"It has been SPEED's cutom to combine
    coverage of the FX and SS into a single show, and when Sunday's race was
    rained out, there wasn't enough material for a standalone FX show. The
    producer says that if there is enough time, a highlight package from
    Mid-Ohio may run in the VIR race when it's televised August 21st."