1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio? 7-22/23/24-2011

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by MYZ1K, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

I've been planning for Mid-Ohio to be my first WERA race for almost a year now. I was checking the schedule for 2011, and noticed the only thing listed for Mid-O was the Vintage Motorcycle Days. Is this event for vintage cycles only or are they also running regular A,B, and C superstock and superbike classes?

The 2010 schedule lists the "AMA Road Race Grand Championship" and had a different date than the vintage days. Is this also a WERA event mixed in or something? Also, will there be a nice PDF event schedule made for 2011 like there was for 2010?

Sorry for all the noob questions but I'm really looking forward to doing a race at Mid-O this year :)

2. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Word is that AMA hasn't announced hosting the RRGC, thus WERA is not partnering with them. It has been an AMA event in the past, and WERA just promoted it and awared points from what I understand.

3. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Come out to Nelson Ledges. It's just like Mid-O..... they are both in Ohio

4. foster

foster Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You might try the tracks website and schedule for a WERA printout for that race weekend. That's where I got my WERA Nelson's printout...from Nelson's website.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's mainly Vintage races but a few classes have some more modern stuff. What kind of bike do you have?

7. sicduc

sicduc Well-Known Member

I want to go to this real bad but its the same time as Moto gp @ laguna seca..

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Is there a LWT racing this weekend?

9. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

I plan on getting my license through Moto Series in April up there. Looking forward to it, hopefully the weather is nice.

'07 600rr built for superstock class

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, was hoping you'd say a twin of some sort.

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Vintage weekend will include classes for modern twins. Basically there will be Clubman, light and heavyweight twins SS and SB with 675's allowed in heavyweight. Different class names. Fun event with a lot of spectators.

12. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Last April it snowed. :down:

13. grapesmuggler27

grapesmuggler27 Well-Known Member

Im doing mine in may but I will be there on April 16th for the (whispers) trackday

14. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

In Ohio? Nonsense.

Good deal. If you see a red, white, and black 600rr come up and say hi.

15. grapesmuggler27

grapesmuggler27 Well-Known Member

dittio, if you see a black and red gsxr600

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

2 years ago it was 75 and sunny for the April event. Lets hope we skip last years madness!

17. hotnail

Does anybody know if Vintage Days at Mid O will once again have all the air fence put up like they did last year? Some of the barriers are pretty close to the track and it was awesome to see all of it. I just figured we were lucking out because the pro's were coming in right behind us......hope that wasn't the case.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As far as I know it will all be up same as usual.

19. hotnail

:beer: Thats what I was hoping to hear!:up: