1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michele Obama says white flight ruined her neighbourhood

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess all that Roundup you huff makes you ‘tarded too.

BRAWNDO! :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If we don't respectfully communicate, we will continue to have to endure. All broad brushes are flat out lies, but everyone without exception, is painted with one. In some respects the entertainment media perpetuates and even exacerbates the misconception. Stereotypes don't just form in a vacuum.

Is it a pain in the ass to have to constantly remind people that not everyone is <thug/racist/lazy/redneck/trash/insert whatever other stereotype you wish>? Sure it is. We got where we are over many years and, sadly, ignorance will always be with us.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Again I respectfully disagree. I can’t go out and control the actions of others. I can however, present myself in a way I wish to be perceived. I can also instill the same values in my children as well as my family. I also make it a point to surround myself with like-minded, positive people. Rick, Mongo, Ev, Papa, Terrance, and anyone in this beeb that has met me & mine will tell you what I say is 100% truth. We don’t perpetuate any of the stereotypes you guys speak of in here.
    I’ll say if you’re inundated with these stereotypes, get out and meet some folks. You’ll find there are more that live on this side of the line than the other.

kangasj and Spang308 like this.
  4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

All of this. :stupid:

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Buck is good peeps. Unfortunately both our races include morons that cause public image issues.

cav115 and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Don’t make me hug you in public!

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One of the best. I genuinely like him and I like almost no one.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

hey Mann! Bleibst du noch hier?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just popping into the tin foil hat forum to see what's going on. :D

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's the best we can do people is try to not be like the idiots in society and remind them to try and not be idiots.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You still in Alexandria?
    I’m up next month, we should grab a mug & a catch-up!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no, because you don't understand the original issue. It has nothing to do with the word nigger being used in context by Twain. The picture shows the teacher was trying to discuss modern usage of niggah versus nigger and that has nothing to do with Huck Finn or anything else. That was not remotely a discussion about a book.

Quicktoy and Fonda Dix like this.
  13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Something I missed and cant find....was the teacher who created that lesson white? I assume woke and white.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be amazed if not.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I’ve been pondering this discussion a lot the last few days, as I am at the point in the school year (post Civil War/ Reconstruction/Westward Expansion) and there is a lot of content that is relevant to the topics. After 22 years, I am very careful to discuss context and try to make it clear this is the American culture of 1865-1871. I always try my best to present it as “where we were to where we are” and discuss changes, improvements and also the negative results but always in context. Also that “that’s how it was” doesn’t justify it nor excuse those parts of our history.

Serious question - I’m curious how the teacher justified that there is a proper usage of a denigrating term like that?

Unless they were presenting it in the context of the book and relevant period, that one fails me.

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

And it`s good you can see it`s both.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you’re not the problem. You’re not a “thug”, you’re not celebrating and glorifying “thug culture”, you’re not walking around with a chip on your shoulder daring anyone to disrespect you and finding any action by someone not part of your culture to be disrespectful.

So what is it again that you’re Outraged about?

I don’t need you to line up witnesses. I have no reason to believe you’re anything other than what you’ve portrayed yourself to be.

The fact that the morons (Ev excepted) you’ve cited will vouch for you only proves you hang with a low class of people. ;)

I don’t need to meet folks. I see the same things walking outside every day that you do. I hear the same things in the news, in media, on the radio. You’re being disingenuous if you claim the prevailing image portrayed by the media are of a successful, nuclear family of respectful, well-reared families of color.

And you never answered my question, that was kinda on point with the original purpose of this thread: if declining property values is the problem, how do you address it?

cav115 likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dude...I've been on here long enough to know yt (I like this) has more than our fair share of morons.:D

cav115 and pickled egg like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, we are the most populous race in these states of united disunity ;)

20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

But yet, what does Mr. Buck have to say regarding Ms. Obama's targeted statements and Mr. Elder's points refuting her "Public School Education" as well as his witnessing of events in his own past showing that it's not racism leaving neighborhoods, but people leaving after ignorance has moved to their neighborhoods?

No matter what demographic moves in, if you maintain your home, keep the area you purchased clean and presentable, I pretty much nobody will move. As long as people can log into Zillow and see the home and land they paid for is valued the same as their initial purchase price, things are fine. A home is one of the
    single largest purchases in anyone's life. It's 30 years of blood sweat and tears to pay it off. It's not a car, motorcycle or RV...it's not an asset that depreciates in value. It's supposed to at least increase in value at a minimum to keep up with inflation. People work all their lives to pay for the roof over their heads, so that one day
    they no longer have to pay for that shelter. So they, and their neighbors are supposed to do their part to keep things updated and clean to keep their area desireable. Like any normal market, when value goes down...for whatever reason, investors sell.

Also, if little Joey or Suzy comes home with complaints of bullying and being terrorized by the new kids that moved into the area and now attend the local PS 101, Lincoln
    Middleschool, or Mayberry High, parents are going to consider options on alternative locations where their kids are not feeling terrorized.

Ms. Obama is just doing her part to keep racism alive. She's getting paid to speak there....so racism pays well where she's concerned.

tony 340 and Quicktoy like this.