1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorial Day

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, May 24, 2018.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

To celebrate those heros who paid the ultimate price to keep the freedom we enjoy every day.
    We mourn your loss and thank you so much for your service and your sacrifice. RIP.

twin ty, K51000, SpeedyTide and 6 others like this.
  2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

5. My Grandfather, Barrington Hook, wounded in France in 1917, interred in Arlington Cemetery. RIP.

panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

My late neighbor's grandson. Shot by a sniper in Iraq, died on Memorial Day 2007.

[​IMG]

Lincoln46 likes this.
  7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

4BADAE90-E1D4-4D47-8F52-1DDF4EC3B8A2.jpeg

Vietnam Memorial at our Nation’s Capital.

8. I bought some pretty sweet Stars and Stripes shorts to wear on the lake tomorrow. I may look like Rex Quan-do but I don’t care.

9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I can tell you where this one is...
    All gave some, some gave all.

Nice photos Sabre699. Thanks. Very appropriate for the topic and the date

panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

4354FB49-86EC-408E-9C19-741AA3CF3C95.jpeg

Iwo Jima Memorial

panthercity, Sabre699 and Yzasserina like this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

31CD493E-4400-4EE6-BB4A-B7034F2D7A5C.jpeg Normandy

SpeedyTide, panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Funny, as a kid I never thought much about the sacrifices that were made on my behalf. As I got older I became more and more aware of just how important and truly amazing these folks were and are. In truth I'm not much interested in world travel but Normandy would be the exception. :flag:

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:flag:

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

G G Grandfather was in the Civil War (fought in 18 battles, wounded and discharged, reinlisted!)...Grandfather was a WWI vet (top center in picture), father WWII air corp in the PTO.... David_Long_Obitchuary - Copy.jpg Roy_Gutshall_War1(Top) - Copy.jpg DonaldGutshall_War2 - Copy.jpg

K51000, Sabre699 and TLR67 like this.
  16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind"

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
    1 January 1970
    Dak To, Vietnam
    Listed as KIA February 7, 1978

Fonda Dix, panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to be the NCOIC for the Color Guard for my fourth and probably final Memorial Day ceremony at the Margraten American Military Cemetery in Margraten, NL.

The Missing Man formation/fly over is always amazing to see at the end of the ceremony!

It has been an honor to be part of this during my tour here in the Netherlands.

K51000, panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

My mom, me and my brother and his family are going there next year for the reading of the list of the In Memory program for Vietnam Vets who had died over the year due to issues caused by the Vietnam War.

Going to the cemetery tomorrow for a vets memorial.

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

EB383F64-1B83-4A9F-86EB-D9A7BA85D89E.jpeg A little different from the Iwo Jima Memorial you see stateside. The actual spot where the flag was raised on Mt Suribachi. The F/14 Tomcats flyby is a nice touch to remember a joint Marine Corps/Navy operation.

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

For a town of about 2,000 people (Ortonvill, MI), they put on a nice memorial every year. Dad’s old squadron does the flyby.

41E436D8-0B85-429B-9DB0-0212B8ED3411.jpeg

K51000, panthercity and TLR67 like this.