1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical malpractice attorneys...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

IMO, are some of the lowest scumbags on earth. i dont care if there are any on here or not. they are!!! so last week, i hear banging on my door, its someone serving my wife, seems she's being named in a medical malpractice suit by a lady whom she diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010. the suit claims this lady's first diagnostic mammogram missed the cancer in 2009 by A)my wife(the radiologist), B)her group, C) the hospital employing the group and, D) the PA who was part of the initial workup. the suit names my wife as reading the report in 2009. here's the best part, she wasnt even practicing in 2009. she was still in residency in an entirely different city! WHAT? who the fuck fact checks these things? being she wasnt even the radiologist that read the initial report, the hospital was named incorrectly, as well as her group. she actually made the diagnosis that saved this lady's life. you would not believe what all parties had to go through just to get a retraction, and the stress its caused. hell, my son even cried the night of because my wife was so upset. so next time you wonder why our healthcare costs continue to rise, think of some of these unnecessary costs these low life assholes haphazardly caused. ok, rant over. have a happy thanksgiving everyone. :D

2. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Hired guns don't kill people. People kill people.

3. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

wow

So, if a doctor acts negligently and recklessly and either kills or seriously injures your loved one that doctor should just walk without any consequences or compensation for your loss? :crackhead:

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

This is headed straight for the Dungeon...I'll wait until it's moved.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

you got that from what i posted? really?

6. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

You're upset because you're wife is getting sued, and you're blaming the attorneys. That's what I get from it.

7. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

??

You say all medical malpractice attorneys are scumbags. As such, in your shallow little world a malpractice attorney who took a case as I described would also be a scumbag. When doctors F up and people get hurt or killed who is going to help you or your family?? When you generalize as you did you just make yourself appear uneducated and simple minded. You may carry on.

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Bottom feeding lawyers going with the Deep Pockets approach. Throw a lawsuit at enough defendants and somebody's insurance will blink and write a check to make you go away.

And now you can sue them for something I'm sure.

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

no it was retracted. i'm upset because she was even named. did you read what i posted? it claimed she read the report in 2009. she didnt. nor was she employed by the group named, nor was the hospital involved. i'm upset because some asshat attorney threw it together with no fact checking of any kind it seems. we werent even living in the town this happened in. how do you name someone that wasnt involved and make that person jump through a bunch of legal hoops, without having consequences back of some sort. should the attorneys and the plaintiff just say sorry, our mistake? we'll do better next time with our facts?

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I think he's pissed at an attorney not doing the basic legwork to determine who was actually involved. If she didn't work there during the time involved, didn't read the test, etc....then that would seem to be a pretty big mistake on their part. And as a potential defendant having the stress of the pending lawsuit...against which you can't defend yourself because you were never involved...wouldn't be a fun day for anybody.

11. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Yeah! What Kris said!!!

:)

Isn't this where you countersue the lawyer for bring the suit against you in the first place? Emotional damage? Seems to be pretty much what they wanted to sue you for.

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Much like Bell Helmets was sued by a rider who had head injuries after a crash because he wasn't wearing a helmet at all . . . the helmet he had was strapped to the grab bar, and it wasn't a Bell helmet anyway.

13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

What I'd do. Bitchslap them.

14. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

When countersuing is involved, the only winners are the lawyers . . . all of them.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Why doesnt your wife find a lawyer and sue them back for lost time, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc? Throw the whole latin legal phrase book at them. It wont solve anything but it may make you feel better.

16. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

People go to the doctor all the time and think they should be fixed the same as a car or any mechanical system should. They don't understand that medical prof. can only do so much.
    It's easy to try and blame someone else and these attorney's feed off that. It's both the attorney and the person wanting to sue that combined drag the system down!

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i will live with that label and smile if you're ok with me thinking they're all scumbags. ;)

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry to say shit like this happenes all the time. They take a shotgun approach, don't care if it's accurate and will never admit they are wrong.

File a formal complaint with the Bar association of your state. That'll hurt the bottom feeder more than a lawsuit that'll get tossed out on day one.

19. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

I'm thinking counter sueing isn't the answer. Sueing for "emotional reasons" mind set is kinda the whole problem and less law suits would be better than more.

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Sorry this happened Kris