1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical Insurance for racers

Discussion in 'General' started by juni5, Dec 7, 2006.

1. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Ok so I did use the search function ;) But my ADD prevented me from reading every single reply..So here the thread is...

I was wondering who should I go through for coverage..I know alot of insurance companies will have exclusions in contracts about racing or dangerous activities etc..I vaguely remember seeing an add about "AMA's sponsored insurance company" or something but I couldn't find it on their website..Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahem - Brandon - this one is all yours :D

3. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Ahem...Ahem.... Thankyou Mongo lol As far as it goes in Ky, Ga, In, and Ohio Blue Cross Blue Shield is going to be the medical carrier of choice for racers, they have no exclusions for racing. It looks as if you are from California, i will call them and find out what there policy is. I am licensed in California but i am not appointed to do business with BCBS of California. What city are you in?

4. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply..I'm in pomona, ca...

The reason I'm asking this is I might potentially need to get my own insurance in the near future..I currently am still insured under my parents :) But that might change pretty soon..Thanks for the info!

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Got anything in PA...I've been shopping around lately and could use some help.

6. jfgjr

jfgjr Active Member

Insurance

Not to thread jack. I currenly have health care coverage. I was wondering about disability coverage if you have any input on that? I also may have to change health care providers though as I am waiting for an answer on the exclusions. I am in So Cal as well.

7. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Sorry guys been out of town, Anyhow,
    Sure no problem, i am actually in the process of getting licensed with Blue Cross of California this week, so i will let you know when that is up on my site so you can check some quotes. Blue Cross is the best choice for racers because of the good network and no exclusions (that i have ran across so far in the states i am licensed in for racing)

Typically i would just ask your car insurance provider about disability coverage, usually pretty inexspensive if it is not offered through your work. Also who are you going through for your health insurance right now?

8. jfgjr

jfgjr Active Member

Medical

Healthnet PPO