1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media evidently condones violence against Republicans

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Oct 14, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But the point you're missing is that the Dem-motivated story was widely covered in the press. I understand the motivations on the part of the political parties, it's which political party's nonsense that gets published that I am remarking on.
    I was a mass-media major in college, I am well aware of how bias works. Anything written is biased.
    Editors and news outlets exhibit bias through their choice of what news to publish or broadcast.

The recent elections in Afghanistan, which were forecast for months as doomed to failure if they ever occurred at all were a great success, the turnout of voters was phenomenal and put this country's citizens to shame. Considering all the bashing that preceeded it, should have been quite a story. How much have you read about it? The one AP story I read dismissed the role of the administration in bringing the elections about, preferring instead to credit the UN for their hard work. The fact that no UN election observers would have been there to observe an election had not US troops routed the Taliban is, evidently, inconsequential.

2. 600inline4

600inline4 Mentally unstable

that seems to be a little difficult, lately, with the lib-Dems running the media, now isn't it?

interesting, how when confronted with it, the dems always deny it...

(although, it only took 11 days AFTER the Dan Rather "crock-O-shit" was shown to be false, before they/he finally admitted it publically....with NO apology to the president.)

the point is: if the Repubs were doing what the Dems are doing RIGHT NOW, NOT LAST ELECTION, NOT IN 1943, RIGHT NOW, they'd be filing more lawsuits then what they're already planning on.............. it's sickening.

they're like a bunch of whining little babies that are gonna SUE if they don't get their way...........

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I know your a smart guy IYC which is why I'm getting on your case. It just seems to me your getting a bunker mentality and it strikes me as irrational. I haven't seen much that I considered unbiased this year. But, the bias seems to have balanced both sides IMHO. You disagree and that's fine.

I've heard about all I cared to about the elections in Afganistan. No, I don't remember anyone thanking Bush for ousting the Taliban but I didn't really expect to. I don't think anyone has election year heartburn over our actions in Afganistan so its kind of a non-story compared to Iraq and the Presidential election. Success stories just don't grab the headlines in our media market.

4. Joe Morris

What exactly are you hoping to see in the media? Do you expect the media to be openly critical of themselves (re: Dan Rather)? It's just not going to happen. A money making machine like a news network will not damage its own credibility. No other industry works this way either.

What exactly are you bitching about? I've heard this non-sense for months about the "lib-media" but I don't see it. The incumbent runs on or against his term in office and the challenger paints a rosy picture about what he would have done different. Every election has been this way in my lifetime! There have always been charges of media bias by one side or the other (usually the one on the defensive). What's different? What did you expect?

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Joe put ur liberal glasses on the table and back away! :D

I am not surprised in the very least that YOU dont see the bias cause you appear to be one of 'them'. Believe what you will but its true, can you tell me ONE positive report on anythng thats occurred in the Middle East since the start of the war? Probably not.
    The media has a serious left wing bias whether you like it or not, Fox news is the closest thing Ive seen to unbiased news.
    As we speak, the majority of news channels seem to have a hard on and time for the current O'Reilly sex charges (probably cuz most of them dislike the guy) but yet they cant find the time to share the good news on the Afgan election?
    Yea right they ARE unbiased! :rolleyes:

Plain & simple the Libs are a bunch of pathetic sore losers. Less than 3 weeks away from election day and how much shit are the libs stirring ALREADY in just about every swing state on the ballot topic??? These JA's are already trying to taint this election before it even takes place!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

LOL.:D Gotta admire that kind of consistency. :clap:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The heckler is trolling about already! :D
    Isnt it close to ur bedtime? If ur gonna make a claim show somethng to discredit me if you can that is, most of you libs are bleeding from the heart at such a rate I think you pass out before you can legitimize ur claim. :D

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Amazing.....

9. Joe Morris

sportbikeluvr, I'm at a loss. You've at once attacked me and proved my point and I don't know what else to add. I may not be the most eloquent writer on this forum but my sentiment is summed up in one of my previous posts:

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I agree ur ignorance certainly is AMAZING! ;)

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Awwwww now ur just being a sore loser. HOW, WHERE & WHEN did I 'attack' you?:rolleyes: If my post is viewed as an attack to you well then maybe you need to chill out in the forum here for a few cuz ur way too sensitive big guy.

Please do share what 'point' Ive made? And where my inaccuracies are.

12. Joe Morris

I'm not thin skinned but I have no idea how to rationally communicate with you when your the very illustration of the point I'm making.

If this intro is not an attack then at the very least I don't feel complimented.

BTW, why you'd want to bring this weak shit up to Papa is beyond me. You better recognize. ;)

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you can pull that off, I will start a campaign to petition the Vatican and have you listed among the people who have officially performed miracles. :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pick up a geography book on occasion. It's really interesting.;)

15. Joe Morris

LMAO!!! OK, maybe I am setting the goal out of reach with that statement. :D :cool:

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I share this sentiment with you cuz for the life of me I cant see how you dont see the bias (mostly left) in 99% of the news outlets. Atleast when I disagree with somethng for the most part Ill give an example or somethng to strengthen my point, can you show me the positive reporting thats taking place since the war began?

Joe like I said before dont be so sensitive saying that ur wearing liberal glasses is hardly an attack, didnt you grow up in the city for a lil while for crying out loud?
    NOW, what Papa does to ME is an attack!!!! ;)

What weak shit, the truth? About the only thing Ive recognized about Papa is he's still a PITA at times. ;)

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:confused:

18. Joe Morris

I can't really show you examples of such a broad opinion. I can simply say that I don't agree. I don't religiously tune into any news outlet (except maybe NPR on my morning commute) rather I tune into whatever is handy. I see bias everywhere! But it seems balanced from my point of view and I think that's about the best I can hope for. All I can suggest to you is to sample from more sources and maybe you will see what I see. Maybe not.

I'm not being sensitive. Your attempting to align me with the villians in your mind, "the liberal media", because I disagree with you. The subject is too broad to do anything other than disagree with each other. So, I take issue with that.

I won't bore you or weaken my point with metaphors.

Well, you've missed the boat there. Papa and I don't always agree but his opinion is one of only a few here that gives me a moments pause to reconsider my position. He does this by not only being a pretty smart guy but he writes and argues intelligently. You don't have to like him to learn from him. ;)

19. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

In a discussion that is between three grown men, I think there is entirely too much WINKING going on here! :eek:

And just my opinion but... based on the 4 or 5 opinion pieces I read in that newspaper, I am guessing their editorial writers have not won a lot of journalism awards.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was hinting that a map might indicate about what time it is in other places in the world. So you can figure out my bed time more accurately. :D

By the way, you keep talking like we've known each other for some time. I honestly can't remember you from more than maybe two months ago. I need you to refresh my memory on our "history." :confused: