1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mecum Auto Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Dec 26, 2009.

1. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Been watching the Mecum Auction and I also watch the Barrett Jackson stuff. I hate this reserve crap, I think they have only sold 5 Cars in the last 25 because of the reserve. I get the whole reserve thing but for TV I want to see what someone can buy the car for not what they can't buy it for.

2. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

+1 I,m kinda of tired of seeing average cars on the block also.They had a C4 vet on there .Nothing special.Wasn,t special when it was new.You can,t give those things away.Just cause its old doesn,t mean its worth anything.

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, I catch the Mercam show when nothing's on and I'm too lazy to hit the TiVO button. Some of the crap they roll off is a waste of airtime, starting to look more like a police suction at times. 1989 Corvette? 85 Trans Am? Who cares? Kind of like seeing 10 year old car in a classic car show.

There's a new show out that seems a lot more professional high dollar, less car show like. Only caught two cars, first was a Ferrarri Dayona California model (one of 40 I believe) that DIDN'T sell for 1.4 million. Next a 70 Hemi Cuda with every receipt in the history of the car. Last price was $240K and climbing. Don't know who has that kind of play money these days, but apparently some of us sold out just in time.

Barrett-Jackson seems to keep a consistent standard with their cars.

4. mr fatback

mr fatback Well-Known Member

I think it has more to do with the owners of these cars.They think the car that sold 3-4 yrs ago still has the same value.No I don't think want to take what the cars really worth.I'm sure tv forces them to accept crap to fill time.