1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McGRATH!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by wera94, Dec 18, 2003.

1. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Anybody know if McGrath is coming out of retirment and racing Supercross this year? :clap: ;)

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dave mcgrath? sweet!!:clap:

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Hadn't heard that rumor. With RC out, and McGrath already racing for Honda again, that would seem like a great idea.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Jeremy

I thing the guys cool! I think not. Super Motard me thinks! I mean if Ward can do it:D

5. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

HAAA!

6. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Anybody wanna bet that he comes out and races for Honda. Of course with his own team. Full factory backed though.

Taking bets over here!!!!!!! :clap:

7. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

I just don't see it happening. If it did KTM would not be happy!

It would be kinda cool though.

Anyway REAL motocross takes place OUTDOORS!;)

8. J.D. Ulrich

J.D. Ulrich Well-Known Member

After reading what he said in his new book about Honda and the VP in charge of racing programs there, and hearing how said VP reacted to said book, I'd say that's not a safe bet.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ever race indoors, very cool:)

10. dtalbott

If KTM coul have built McGrath a competitive bike, McGrath would still be with KTM.

Besides, if KTM starts making too much noise, Honda will just buy KTM. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

More info. :D Fill us in who are too cheap to buy the book?

12. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to take the bet!!
    Just got a gut feeling!!!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, if McGrath hadn't been knocked stupid in a pre season Euro round, McGrath would still be with KTM (and stomping Honda in the process :D ).

14. dtalbott

Wake up, Dave, you're dreaming again. :D

15. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

J.U... He's not under contract with KTM anymore is he? If not. Who cares if KTM gets mad. I think there is a little more to that situation than the rest of the world knows.........

16. J.D. Ulrich

In have no information on any contracts. All I know is, he blasted Honda and the Honda VP in his book--"they done me wrong" type of thing, and the Honda guy said it was all bullshit and didn't happen that way at all...and he didn't look real happy about it.

17. dtalbott

Who is sponsoring him in Supermoto?

When McGrath came to So Bo and stopped by the shop, I told him it was good to have him back on Hondas, and he said it was good to be back.

Honda likes to win, especially Supercross, and with RC out, McGrath might be their best shot.

18. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

What happened to RC?

Linkey?

19. dtalbott

20. J.D. Ulrich

I gotta defer to you on this one. I talked to the Honda guy at Las Vegas and it sounds like your information is more current. But man, you gotta read his book. The chapter I read was an excerpt in the last Racer X (the motocross one). He blasted Honda good...if they signed some deal with him after that, they're pretty big men!