1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mc race reservoir tubes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Wheeliest, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It has to be the exact item that came on the bike from that year.

As stated in the rules;

" Steel braided or Kevlar brake lines may be used. Brake pads may be changed. Brake rotors may be changed to OEM spec steel rotors. No carbon fiber, cast iron or other exotic materials unless stock. No oversized rotors. Master cylinders may be replaced with exact replica master cylinders (this means same bore and stroke and exactly the same fluid displacement)."

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You guys might want to wait until the new rulebook is done before you make any changes to your brake system.

My understanding is, that exact wording won't be used next year.

3. GSXAAARGH

GSXAAARGH Pilot

if that wording was interp by lots of people that a brembo mc was ss legal and now we say no tube with the same wording

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The original question in this thread was about replacing the rear brake reservoir and hose with a hose and plug. Is that what you're talking about?

I really don't give a shit what you do, I was just trying to save you the hassle of making changes that turn out to be illegal next year.

5. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

ok so yeah i'll give them a call..

6. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

:wow:

I actually think its good that SS racing is actually tightening up the rules. It makes the class more level and cheaper to be competitive in.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  7. Tillerpilot

Tillerpilot Well-Known Member

reservoirs

I'm still selling these, not sure if they are legal or not, but they are vented, hold a few CC's more than a brembo 15 cc cup and make it easier to remove your rearsets, no more pulling cotter pins or fishing the res. and hose thru the subframe, it all comes off as one assembly.

GSXR 88-04, some 05 1000, depends on your rearsets
    cbr600rr and f4i, some 1000 depends on rearsets also
    TLR &TLR, some SV

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=122303

Attached Files: