1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe somebody can help me out here.

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by EdgeR6, Oct 30, 2007.

1. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a new FZ1 from my local dealer. When asking them about the nesba offer They seemed to be dumb founded. I even called yamaha they said to call local dealer dealer said call nesba still wating on call back from nesba. A free member one year member ship is what I understand. Would be great as I plan on doing some track days next year also.

2. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

3. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

4. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

not sure about the free nesba membership, but all of us who are current members did get that $100 coupon in our membership packet..

5. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

Yamaha offer

Not all Yamaha dealers are participating, check the list at the bottom of the link you placed above.

I am surprised Dutch hasn't got back to you yet about this, but I am sure he will check into it and let you know.

Good Luck,
    Russ

6. NESBA_5

NESBA_5 Member

Who did you contact at NESBA? Who did you talk to at Yamaha?

Please give me the dealer name and the location of the dealer, i will see what i can do.

Bob

7. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

Edge, I'll call the Yamaha rep that put out the memo (I think his name is Foley). Give me a call later this afternoon (he may be on the West coast).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  8. NESBA_5

NESBA_5 Member

Just for future reference, it might be better to post this on the NESBA board to get faster response. No one on this board knows the details of our Yamaha partnership. I just happen to stumble upon this.

I did speak to our CS rep Mark and he received your email last night at 7:24 and responded inquiring about the name of the dealership. At this time he hasn’t received a response.

Bob

9. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

The dealership name is Sunrise in Norfolk, VA which is listed as a participating dealer.

I'm still waiting on a call-back from Kevin Foley at Yamaha.

10. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

Edge, Mr. Foley wasn't worth squat. "Uh, your dealership should have gotten that stuff...".
    I'll take a shot at working it from the NESBA end, in the morning.

11. NESBA_5

NESBA_5 Member

771Doug, Who are you and what are you going to work from the NESBA end?

12. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

I work at Sunrise. I'm going to see if NESBA will be a little more helpful with info than Yamaha has been. It would seem to me that it's only a matter of getting hold of the required "form" and providing whatever documentation (to prove the sale) is necessary. THAT'S the info that I'm going to try to get.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Doug - NESBA5 is Bob Blandford, the club president. Drop us both a line at dutch at nesba dot com and nesba at nesba dot com and we will do our absolute best to get you taken care of. Edge, the same goes for you. Sorry you guys are having difficulties with this but we can get it squared away.

14. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

I'm just in on this because I work at the dealership and I'm trying to get him going with this. Also, sooner or later, another customer will have the same issue and maybe I can save that person some aggravation.

If you need any info from the dealership end, give me a call at (757) 583-2223 and ask for Doug.

Thanks, fellas. It looks like NESBA is more interested in helping than Yamaha is.

15. NESBA_5

NESBA_5 Member

Doug, I will give you a call today.

Bob

16. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Yea all the info you have from doug is correct. I was out of town this weekend and hadn't had a chance to check in on stuff. So at this point you can E-mail me or tell me what you need from me. I'm sure I got the E-mail but its proably sitting in my inbox with a bunch of stuff. Thanks again.

17. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

It was good speaking to you this morning, Mr. Blandford.

Edge, it looks like NESBA will get you up and running. :up:

I've been a TPM guy so far, but after speaking to Mr. Blandford, I'm very impressed by their willingness to do what it takes to make things right for a customer. That is a sign of a very good organization. Given the chance, I'll certainly try to throw them some business next year.

18. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

NESBA Sucks. Bob Sucks. We all suck. :D Thanks Doug!

19. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

yea I was a memember last year and did a couple of track days with them. I have heard some bad things here and there about them but I have never had any problems. Of course a free membership will also help me to get out there a bit more with them next summer. Thanks for all your work.