1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxxis/Arnchu Endurance Crash

Discussion in 'General' started by Randy46, May 5, 2004.

1. Randy46

Randy46 ARNCHU Racing

Anyone get pictures of Team Xtreme/Maxxis taking out Arnchu Racing (Red Suzuki GSXR600, #280) during the endurance race?

2. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

You need to get your facts straight. Scott Fisher was on the NOTB bike right behind the accident. He said that the guy on the 280 bike came down on Crozier (Xtreme) and took him out. From his point of view ARNCHU Racing took out Xtreme/Maxxis.

3. Randy46

Randy46 ARNCHU Racing

My facts are straight. We talked to two people who saw the incident. One from the stands across from the corner and one right behind the crash. The Maxxis bike was on the ground behind the Arnchu bike before turning into the corner. The Maxxis bike t-boned and took out the Arnchu bike.

Anyway, I am not going to argue. Just want to know if anyone photographed the crash.

4. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Turn 3

OK here is the deal!

The true point to all of this is that it really doesn't matter now who took who out. The fact is we are all racers and we know that everytime we get on the track this kinda shit can happen. Whether I took you or you took me out doesn't freakin matter anymore. I know at that particular moment I was pissed and I'm sure you were also, but it has been a week now so get over it. If it makes you feel better to tell everyone I took you out then go ahead, I could care less. I have been at this game for a while now and those who know me and have raced side beside with me know that I would not take anyone out.

As far as crashing, I am proud to say that this is the first time in four years that an endurance bike in my hands has ever hit the ground or another bike for that matter.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is think what ever you feel is correct. I know the truth and so does the rider that was on your bike. I do not give a rats ass on who's fault it was anymore as I have moved on to the next race to do the job that I was hired to do. As for Arnchu Racing, grow up and move on!!

Oh yeah, Good Luck!

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Group hug time! :D

6. Randy46

Randy46 ARNCHU Racing

Mark,

No endurance crashes in four years is impressive.

I would guess that racing on street tires makes for pretty poor grip. I followed one of you guys around the front banking, watching you paint a big fat black mark all the way around.

Randy

7. I think he can handle it.

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Planning to use them in a lawsuit?

Rodger?? You here??? Rodger??? Some one post over in P&R and tell him there's money to made over here! ;)

And before anyone gets thier panties in a bunch, THIS IS A FRIGGIN' JOKE!

9. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Mark glad you are ok--mebbe them bright yellow leathers would be a good thing:D :D

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Before anyone makes a mockery of this I would like to see the riders involved in a cage match to the death. I think a slug fest is the only way to prove one's innocence, and doing it to the death only makes for more entertainment. Keep the lawyers out of it unless they're to be used as weapons. Perhaps a couple of lawyers slugging it out with butter knives as a precursor to the main event......

11. Celebrity Death Match, WERA style.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is gambling legal on the BBS?

13. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

"""So, I guess what I am trying to say is think what ever you feel is correct. I know the truth and so does the rider that was on your bike. I do not give a rats ass on who's fault it was anymore as I have moved on to the next race to do the job that I was hired to do. As for Arnchu Racing, grow up and move on!!""""

Does anyone else find this too be Aaron Yate's -ish in the statement. I always thought the rider in front has the right of way, and it's the rider passing that has too work "around" the rider in front. Losing the front wheel will cause you too take out other people, and from what sideline spectator's have said you lost the front. Losing the front is a part of racing we do all know that, but your statement is un-professional for a paid rider too represent Maxxis Tires and or the team. -my 2cents

14. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

so what happened?

Mark91ex,
    What happened in your account? Seems we're all ears.

Randy,
    If you think the Maxxis-tire team is dangerous to race with, you'd better know where they are at all times!

15. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

I think the next time you people visit Starbuck's,
    YOU ALL should try de-caf !
    Racing is racing. You crash - they - crash, shit
    happens. ( sorry it did and does. that means money needs
    to be spent before next race) Not to metion that someone
    my be hurt. Insured ? One would hope so.
    I hope all are giong to be ok and in time will enjoy
    the next go-round !;)

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Only when you take it out of context, how aboot...
    David

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I hate that you guys are tryig to find sense in all this while I'm over here promoting quite possibly the biggest pay-per-view event in WERA history. The answer to Papa's question is: We have a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on this here bbs. ;)

18. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

They dont call em Knux for no reason.......:D

19. Bruce S

Bruce S Mafia In-forc-er

Re: Turn 3

Well, there was this time at High Falls Moto-x back in about '83 or so I remember:D :D

20. TeamXstat

TeamXstat New Member

Just the Facts

Hi there,

The facts of this event speak for themselves.

Crozier's lap time before the crash was a 1:08.11

The crash happened on lap #94

Crozier's comments after the crash were that Team Arnchu rider took an VERY outside line leaving him plenty of room for an inside pass. Team Arnchu came back in unexpectedly across Crozier front wheel. This would explain him "losing the front end".

Crozier's lap time for lap #95 was 1:22.22

Crozier's lap time for lap #96 was 1:07.71

Crozier's lap time for lap #97 was 1:06.82

We changed rider and rear tire on lap #101.

Crozier's lap time for lap #100 was 1:07.70

Crozier's comment: The rear tire is just fine -

Apparently, the Maxxis tires are not "bad". Crozier was the second fastest rider in the field during the endurance event. The only team ahead of TeamXtreme using "race" tires was Vesrah.

Considering the quality of rider Crozier has proven to be over the last four (4) years, and his outstanding crash record, in comparison to Arnchu's rider being a relative newcomer as well as a very different crash record, I would be hard pressed not to accept Crozier's word over the other guy.

Interesting stat: Crozier was able to crash, recover from the crash, enter the pits, find a tech inspector, get "teched", and exit the pits, losing a total of FOURTEEN (14) SECONDS!

Then he proceeds to go a SECOND A LAP FASTER on a crashed bike with a dented mid-pipe, and a Maxxis street tire with 95 laps on it!

You tell me who THE MAN is!

Frank Lee
    Team Xtreme Statistician
    MPEO U.S. Representative