1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvic Magnesium Fitment Questions!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Vstate60, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

All-knowing Beebers,

I've acquired a couple sets of Marvic Mag wheels that are 16.5" and I need to know what spacers, and where to get them, to fit these onto an 06/07 GSXR750. They are coming off an 05/06 GSXR1000. I've got Brembo rotors for them, sprockets, and a wave rotor for the rear. Just trying to figure out what I'll need to run them on my 750.

Thanks in advance!

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

try fred at yoyodyne. he sells marvic wheels.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The front wheels should fit just fine with no special spacers, they are the same exact wheels and rotors basically.

The rear might be another story. I don't know how it will work with the Marvics, but the OEM rear wheel for the 05-06 1000 will not fit in the swing arm of the 06/07 600/750 because the center hub portion of the wheel is too wide.

I'm assuming though that if you already have the rims that you tried to mock em up already to see if they fit? Possibly the Marvics have a narrower hub and thicker spacers compared to the OEM's wider hub and thinner spacers?