1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married with Children

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The best sitcom ever. I remember being about 10, my mom goes in and flips the TV off and asked "why"? Because its degrading to women. Just watched 4 episodes back to back tonight, its completely degrading and stereotypes women, the girls/women they throw it right back at him ( Al, Bud, Jefferson), as a hard working women shoes salesmen, a loser in the basement, and a gigalo, it was a good run on TV. It was comedy before everybodys panties got in a bundle.

cajun636 likes this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

“We won’t jam unless we eat .... “

1D3BF097-3BF5-4AC5-BF1F-0845FE458880.jpeg

3. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

Best show ever!

masshole likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I must be one of the few that found it to be tedious. My dad thinks it's the greatest too. I guess I'm an upper east coast snob (from Louisville)...I still think nothing will ever touch Seinfeld.

LisaU, Cannoli and Sweatypants like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Mork and Mindy was funny when RW went off script...which was about half the show. All in the Family is the show to watch today if you want to trigger a snowflake.

TurboBlew, VFR#52, DrA5 and 2 others like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I agree about Seinfeld. Another show that still holds up after all these years is MASH, they had incredible writers.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I grew up on MASH but hadn't seen it in many years. I watched an episode recently and it has actually held up pretty well. It got a laugh out of me...that's all I need:D

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Love a well written show like Mash. The Royle Family is like that for me, just incredible writing.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

MASH was something i thought was boring as fuck when i was young and "ugghhh... i'm a little kid trying to stay up late and this is the only thing on, on non-cable tv" growing up. when i was around college age and would watch it, i thought it was amazing. perspective on the humor i guess. Seinfeld will always be amazing. Parks and Rec is still pound for pound one of my all time favorite sitcoms ever. Office is pretty damn good.

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

If you dig Married with Children, check out Bill Burr's "F is for Family". It's on netflix. Hilarious and a similar comedic style.

cpettit likes this.
  12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Seinfield? Ugh. I think I was too young for that show, I never had interest in it. It actually annoyed the hell out of me.
    I did watch Full House and Married with Children though...Hit up the Red Green show in the middle of the night when my parents were out and there was nothing else on as well.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Seinfeld? NTTAWWT. :D

14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

M with C was one of the best comedies ever!

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

M:WC was a great show for a pre-pubescent teen like me to cut his teeth on. Luckily my Dad found it hilarious as well, we just had to watch out of my Mother's earshot......he always gave us away when he couldn't contain his laughter at the fat-women jokes in the shoe store.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

+10000000

Nothing about Seinfeld was anything but annoying. Jerry’s whining and the other two screaming sucks more than anything else has ever sucked.

17. Resident Plarp

8F7B345B-DEE1-404F-BDDA-1A485A9AF1A7.jpeg
    Werd.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nothing sucked as much as Friends :Puke:

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...I thought this thread was about Mark getting married.

LisaU and TurboBlew like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid: