1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark or VRC member

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Dec 2, 2001.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

where does form 500 bump to. V3 has always worked well. i read in one thread that V3 and V4 will be four stroke only. that leaves V5 ouch!
    please confirm if this is true.

2. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

F/500 4-strokes bump to V3.
    F/500 2-strokes bump to F/2-stroke.

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

if f-500 bikes are index together why the split for V3?

4. Zooke158

Zooke158 Suzuki T500 Racer

This is interesting. After understanding that WERA Vintage wanted more people from AHRMA to come over this ruling seems a little odd.

V3 is very much like Formula Vintage in AHRMA which combines Formula 750, Formula 500 and Formula 250.

Now V3 is just four-stroke and Formula 500 two-strokes must bump up to Formula Two-stroke.

So now must I have extra slicks and trick suspension and a spare 750 motor tro put in T500 so I can compete with Formula two-stroke bikes. Not to mention rain slicks.

I think this ruling sent us in the wrong direction. I did not see any of the Formula two-strokes domintating V-3 in my years of racing with WERA Vintage. And we have some pretty fast Two-strokes.

So why the deletion of two-strokes in V-3? Trying to fill up Formula two-stroke with missmatched bikes.

Yeah, you may see extra bikes in Formula Two-stroke for a while just because some of us want to have two races a weekend but I don't see it a long lasting thing.

Especially like "wera33" who built an H1 to race in Formula 500 and V3 and now it has to go into Formula two-stroke with his H2. Gee, which bike does he ride.

I can see wanting to make changes for the better. But well lets make a multitude of changes...Here is the new rule book. Sorry about all that money you spent on your bikes and now you have to decide on what you are going to race. "That's racing."