1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini front rotor carriers

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TRK, Nov 9, 2015.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Anyone know a source for front rotor carriers for an old school marchesini front wheel?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

I tried......no luck

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i don't get it.. that's the only place i ever hear of that sells em, and have bought them there before. Do you have some odd application ?

ah. saw the "old school". may be the problem.

5. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Brand-o-rotors? Maybe who ever sold the original discs still has the pattern available? Brembo? Tokico? etc....

If not I guess it is time for a forced upgrade, or a trip to a custom machinist.

6. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

It isn't the rotors. They don't stock them since they redesigned the wheels a few years ago.

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Maybe you can have them made. What they look like?

8. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Are you referring to the carrier on the rotor? Or a spacer for offset or something else?

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

If TRK has the older 5 spoke wheels, they have been out of production at Marchesini for 10-12 years or more.

All carriers, cush drives, etc for those 5 spoke wheels, have sold out and are no longer available thru Marchesini as well.

10. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Yup 5 spoke wheel. Looking for the carrier for the rotor.

11. emry

Brand? Bike? Offset? Diameter? Jeez, does the BEEB have to beat information out of you? If you want help at least give people information that they need to know before they even offer a suggestion. What is the the F'n bolt pattern at the rim? Are we talking about shit from the 50's, 80's, 90's???

Older five spoke for F'n what. Am I daft? Or is the OP's original request lacking common sense info.

It is posts like this piss of the professionals that take the time to try an help. But they still ask questions and still get knob (not noob) responses.

Fuck. I know that there is a lot of paddock inside knowledge floating around along with the back story. But not everyone that posts here gets to the WERA races. It's is on the WORLD WIDE WEB....

I hate to come off as pissed-off but I have to ask myself "why do I try to help". I am sure there are many other individuals that have had the same experience and said, "fuck it..." We have seen them come and then just stop posting. :mad:

FYI, rotor and the carriers are normally supplied via a third-party to the OEM. There is only a few manufacturers over the past 40 years that have any significant influence in the OEM market. Bolt pattern, offset, diameter of the carrier and number of contact points are normally the defining info need to re-create any such piece. Pictures help a lot, with a ruler to judge dimensions by if you are not capable of doing a measurement.

I probably should have just deleted this before I posted it. But if the people posting don't even post the basic info that might be needed to help, why should any of us try? It is almost like introducing yourself at a party and saying "Guess my name." and then turning around and walking away.

Rant off.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Man are you gonna be cranky when you hit puberty.

13. emry

Two martini's past cranky. :crackup: As for puberty, I wish the rest of the hair would fall out so I don't have to waste time shaving.

Frick. Can't even help people when when you tell them you want to help and what you need to do it.

"I'm Starving".....-transient person
    "What would like to eat?" -genuinely nice offering individual
    "???....???....???..." -transient person

Fuck.

There I typed it. My response should have been...

....Nothing....

14. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Damn, I was just looking for some off the shelf items. I have a bare marchesini 5 spoke wheel that is probably 10 years old that is missing the carriers for the rotors........thus I was looking for a carriers. I don't have cad drawings, a 3D scan, nor exact measurements, but
    I can take a picture :)

15. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

And yes a good machinist might be the next step, if the cost is less than a used mag wheel.

16. emry

Do you know what MOTORCYCLE it is on? My 06 Yamaha R1 has 5 fucking spokes.. So does my 85 Honda VFR500. That doesn't have anything to do with the the shit that attaches the rotor to the rim. Maybe if you told us what color your gas tank is that might help. Yeez.

:stupid: This must be someone I know pulling some shit on me....

17. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

2006 Yamaha r6 is what it came off of and the gas tank is blue :).

18. emry

The rotor? The rim? Only the carrier and everything else is custom shit? Or the other way around?

06 r6's parts are about as common as leaves in fall. Fuck me. Try Ebay, that other waste of time site.

What a waste of "what the fuck are you looking for?" effort.

I'm done. congrats and I hope you find what whatever it is your looking for.

19. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

2006 r6 is what the Wheel came off of. A 2006 plus r6 is what I want to put the wheel back on. Like stated before I was hoping someone would have a source for rotor carriers. And yes the rotors are off of an r6. And the gas tank is blue

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i have a 16.5" wheel (for sale) with captive spacers to fit an R6. I had some Braking brand rotors that require no adaptive carrier like you need for some brembo or stock rotors..