1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manhattan

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Sep 22, 2016.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Spent the week in Manhattan for work.

1) People weren't nearly the jagoff's I was expecting, and the one's that were, were surprisingly easy to put in their place.
    2) Driving in Manhattan was actually kinda fun. Once I understood the rules of engagement, the taxi drivers were sort of amateurish.
    3) You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beautiful women here. They must screen them and only let the pretty ones on the island. Fuck!
    4) No way in hell I could live here, pretty cool spot to visit.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's where my kid wants to work for internship this coming summer and then if things go right for at least 2 years out of college. Wants to do the Wall Street gig and make enough money to sponsor himself for racing!!!! Hopes to start in Investment Banking and then graduate to Mergers and Acquisitions or Private Equity.

If he pulls it off, the old man hopes to work for him some day. LOLOLOL

BigBird likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's still reasonably warm out so the ladies have not started bundling up yet, but all throughout the summer months you need to crack your neck and stretch before going for a walk....those sundresses will have you like:

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Per capita, NYC has the most beautiful women in the world.

bleacht and BigBird like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've been to NYC 3 times in my life and honestly never noticed that. I did notice when I lived in Texas, I thought it was full of the most beautiful women in the world. California isn't bad either, I live in Orange County, but I think if you get up in the nice LA areas, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, etc. you could give your neck a pretty good workout.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You guys need to visit my neck of the woods.....specifically Berwick, PA.....You'll wish for the cloudiest cataracts ever! :eek:. Just ask fastfreddie

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was there for a week in July and must concur. But after being in Denver two weeks ago, I think they are serious contenders in the hot women contest. Hot and fit!

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

except besides LA and South Beach...lol.

9. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I read this and instantly knew you were from the burg.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well no. Manhattan probably has a much higher population density than those two, so you're bound to see more and our wimmens are mostly real and not fake plasticy dolls.

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

My mom beat the use of "yinz" out of me at an early age, but some words you just can't escape.

ts199 likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. THE BEST viewing area in the world is Katy Trail near SMU on a Saturday morning. Katy Trail is a quasi-natural walking/jogging/see-and-be-seen trail through Dallas.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe, but NYC has soooo much variety, that is what I think sets it apart from most other cities.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  14. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I used to date a girl in Manhattan. Fun place to spend a weekend but I couldn't live there full time. In the summer I like to sleep with the windows open, at my house I hear crickets, frogs and occasionally some coyotes. In the city I hear horns, police sirens, back up alarms, people talking and yelling. I could never get used to it. It's ridiculously expensive to live there, too.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I agree when it comes to housing, but I found everything else to be on par with most places I've been. I went to Little Italy for lunch while my wife was working and got an amazing meal including a glass of wine for $17. At another corner there was a pizza joint that had two big slices and a coke for $5 (excellent pizza at that). But what blew me away was the room we were staying at was $120 for Sunday but jumped to $300 for Monday. Luckily it was on her corporate dime.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

NYC is very cool to visit. No way could I ever live there. I've heard single women out number single men by a healthy percentage there.

17. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I should have specified housing and parking. Food and drinks weren't really out of line in my opinion. The idea of a one bedroom apartment costing $3,000 per month seems a little crazy to me. Granted, it was a nice place, but still not worth that kind of money to me.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol I've been to NYC and South Beach. There is no comparison. It isn't called the model capital of the world for no reason. :clap:

And it's never buried under mountains of filthy snow and ice. F**k NY.

svtinker and TurboBlew like this.
  19. fastfreddie

Per capita, gentlemen...not the street where the "housewives of..." all hangout for their ego strokes.
    Get off the main drag in those "other places" and see what happens to the quality of the view.

Up 'round these parts, you can get on a dirty, nasty, subway to Hoboken (Hell) and still fall in lust. They don't have to be dressed to the nines, and who's looking at what they're wearing anyway.

skee likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

If you're lucky, you'll see what, maybe one a year that kinks your neck?
    Nah...that's too many.