1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Men (TV)

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Aug 18, 2009.

1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Saw the season premiere at Times Square a few weeks ago. Pretty cool show they put on for everyone. We've watched every episode since day one. Even if you've not into the business, the characters and their flaws are timeless.

I've worked at a few agencies before, and those guys got it down good. The only thing that's missing is inter office competitiveness, but I think that's gonna start up with the two heads of accounts.

My only grief is that the art departs is WAY too small for an agency of that size. Everything was done by hand back then, which required a lot of labor. Unless they farm everything out, which is possible.

I like they way they introduce things that are common these days, like Xerox machines and such.

If you're a fan of the Drapper, catch his performance on SNL. The "How to be Don Drapper" skit was hysterical. Second only to "Jon Hamm's, John Ham" :D

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Meh.
    Christina Hendricks FTW!
    The girl that plays Peggy not so much.
    [​IMG]

3. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

Breaking Bad is the shit. One of the best show on TV for sure......:up:

4. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

+1 on SNL's "Being Don Drapper..." That was PERFECT!!:beer:

5. antirich

I have a bet with my wife that Joan is supporting some extra hip padding in the show to emphasize that classic hourglass shape. She look's too cartoonish to be real (not the rack, just the overall shape). After seeing this photo, I think I may win the bet.

Yea, Peggy is a bit of a bager, but she's got that repressed Catholic guilt thing going on. Seems to be turning her into a sexual firecracker. Edipose one she jump's Campbell's bones after just meeting him!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid:
    I first saw her on a different show a few years ago. I can't remember the name at the moment, but she was a lawyer. She looked much more "normal."

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What part of the no videos rule in the post stuck at the top of the page is confusing people this week?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

More bans are needed.

10. Cawk Star

sorry i thought you could post the link to it.

11. antirich

I don't care if it's against the rules, that was F' hilarious.

"I'd bang that ass if it wasn't attached to that mouth" :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - what part of the rule was hard to understand as no videos? I'll rewrite it.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you're quoting the video links...

Maybe Papa is right.

14. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Has he or the church ever been wrong?

:D

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Teddy Williams!

16. Cawk Star

To be honest. Never read it. Ban me if you wish.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gee, thanks for the permission.

18. Cawk Star

Wow. 75,000 posts and that was doozy.

19. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I like where this is going.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too, it's like they have something to prove by being douchenozzles.

Ooh, I am so insulted that you have asked me to ban you then been mean to me. Please, don't be so mean, my fragile nature can't handle it. I will go cry in a corner now.