1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA PIRC

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 24, 2017.

1. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I have a bad feeling the Pittrace track day in Sept. is going to be crowded!

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Already registered!

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well, the previous weekends sold out, so I imagine this one will be no different. It is a pretty long track and can hold a decent number of bikes. I would say it was full but not overcrowded, so kudos to N2 for setting a reasonable limit on the number of bikes. If you are willing to stick around until the end on Sunday, I imagine you would get some fairly open track as a good number of the folks, including me, that have a long drive home left early back in July. See you there in September.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

He doesn't want to crash the bike. He tried really hard not to. In the end, it didn't work out so well. He's okay, the bike is RIP. I'll take that any day. JU was on it immediately and I'm sure we'll have airfence there next time and probably in some other areas at all of our tracks that may have been in need.

I like seeing positive comments from you guys about MotoAmerica. There are some really good people involved. We like it.

TurboBlew, scottn, GrayGhost and 2 others like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understand everything he did, don't fault him at all - and a lot of others did ride it out (doubt they were going as fast hitting the grass though). Agreed on the airfence, it'll be there.

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Completely agree Ryan.
    The Triple Crown weekends are the most fun I have ever had racing.
    Relaxed schedule for us and tons of exposure for Sponsors.
    If you race WERA expert on a 600 or 1000 come out and race.
    I hope this continues next year.
    Thanks again Sean and Evelyn.

Ride safe,
    AAron

418, HEF211, r6boater and 1 other person like this.
  7. He was going at a good clip and came off at a bad angle, he did an awesome job just to limit it to what he did. Really feel for him knowing he doesn't have a spare 17 sitting there. One tough guy that's for sure.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, love what Hayden is doing and hope they can get it back together for Jersey, two weeks is a short time.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've spoken a few times to our mutual acquaintance with the perfect hair and badgered him with questions on MA to make sure my feelings on them was right (or wrong). I really think that pro roadracing in the US is in great hands. A few things that I think they still need to do but we're now getting down to smaller and smaller things.

I don't like their website all that much but they fixed the photos of the riders (mostly).

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Best part for me is finally pro racing is not us and them. It's everyone working together to put on the events. There is the normal goofy crap that you have with any racing but the tons of backbiting bs that used to go on isn't there. They have good people who have truly stepped up and are just like the rest of us always learning and evolving, it's great.

11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, no more looking at WERA like you were trying to steal their lucky charms.

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

We will be there.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I haven't ridden anything but the kart track at PIRC in the last 5 years or so (before the South track was added), but I've been up there for said kart track, and was there Saturday to spectate. Brought my 3 yr old, a cooler, a bicycle, and a trailer to pull her around in.

Overall, this was a great event. I couldn't agree more with what others have said about the 'new' ownership and their responsiveness to safety concerns, as well as improving the facilities. I don't believe I've spoken directly to ownership, but the track staff has always been friendly and attentive when I'm there.

"Spectator hill" was crowded, and for good reason. It is currently the best place to observe the most racing surface, but you don't get to see turn 17 (I still call it turn 10...), or the start/finish line. We set up chairs closer to turn 1, and I didn't notice the portable video screen until after the 600 race.

With that said, we attempted to watch the 600s from the top of the other hill, near the water tower. This area has potential. 1) there's thousands of square feet of shade from the water tower. 2) you get an excellent view of the final two turns of the track. 3) per the PIRC staffer who was up there with some BeIN sports staff, they're going to try to shave off the top of the infield hills and expose more of the back straight, including the chicane, so that you can see more from that area. Add in a portable TV screen, and it would rival the other "spectator hill." 4) It's also close to the garages and thus bathrooms with plumbing and sinks. 5) Celebratory burnouts before entering the pit-lane happen there.

A PIRC staff member was showing me the TV feed on his phone, and pointed out the T17 camera tower to my daughter. He told her to wave at him, because he was going to put her on TV. I hope she'll remember that. I will.

I didn't participate in the food truck lines. We packed PB&J with some bags of pretzels and barbecue chips. I was surprised to see that the pathways up the spectator hill were paved. I mainly road my bike on the grass to avoid foot traffic anyway.

I also didn't deal with traffic entering or exiting. We rolled in around noon, and left after the KTM races. Seemed like a lot of people packed up and left before then, which is their loss.

Can't wait until next year. Glad I was able to get out and support this round, even if only for one of the three days.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that bike covered some distance!

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It covered its last distance. Stuff happened that I've never seen before. Bad stuff. There's a big ditch over there.

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Was that his new bike or the previous gen gsxr?

18. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

pretty sure it was a 17.. :(

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Damn. The head shot to the tires is the stuff nightmares are made of...
    I'm still cringing.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

RIP 2017 GSXR1000:(