1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LW Fuel & Tire Usage

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by daviid, Mar 17, 2010.

1. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

Trying to create a budget for either the VIR round or Summit Point. The bike being ridden will be a SV.

How many gallons should a lw team go through during a 4 or 6 hour endurance?

How many tires should a lw team go through as well?

2. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

around 4 gal an hour and 1 front / 2 rears

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Plan on a little over 4 gallons an hour.
    We use 6.5 in 90 minutes, that's race fuel, built engine.
    For 6 hr 1 front-2 rears, but you have Friday and Saturday practice.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

On a stock motored SV we used about 4 gals. in 70-75 minutes. One set of tires was good for a 4-hour.

5. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

6. trace33chargers

trace33chargers Well-Known Member

What tires are you using?

7. houseofpain

houseofpain Well-Known Member

fuel is about what people are saying. 4 gallons per 70-75 minutes. i've run 1 set of tires on a 6 hour before also. on tracks that are rough on tires, i would probably throw a 2nd rear on after the 3rd hour.

for reference, i'm one of the top sv riders in the CMRA. my team mates also run comparable times.

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i normally broke it down by mpg rather than time. at most tracks we raced, the bike avg anywhere from 21-24mpg.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

To be on the safe side, I went with 20.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

B-stone or Pirelli slicks will make and entire 6 but get a little squirmy towards the end.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Michelin DOT's- PRC front, med. rear or Bstone slicks- soft front, med. rear. I preferred the M's only because of the front tires.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We have successfully run the full 6 hours at Miller the last two years, finishing first and second in class. Michelin medium rear, 1270 front. The rear was pretty well toast, but the front had a lot of life left.

13. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

We have an sv set up for the moto/st and ran the same tires all the way threw all races and never had a problem!!mich last longer and 4 gal an hour is right!!if you need anything give me a call eric 269-929-1099