1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LW Bikes other than SV650 OK?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Bruce Brown, May 30, 2001.

1. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

What do you Endurance regulars think about LW bikes with 50hp or so running a race? Certain tracks better than others for running smaller bikes? Should there be a lap time requirement before you can enter?

Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Bruce

2. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

The riders make a much bigger difference than the bike, IMHO. Slow guys on fast bikes are a problem, fast guys on slow bikes usually aren't. Just be aware of your line, keep it smooth and consistent.

3. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Bruce,

I'm running a GS500 at the Putnam Round this weekend.

I've used the ol' GS in a 2-hr Sportsman last year at Road Atlanta and three 3-hr races with Fasttrax at the Sledges with no problems.

If your a smart racer and race a predictable line, you won't have any problems. The fast guys are on ya then gone pretty quickly. Just don't freak out when they blast past!

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I've seen some small bikes really put it to the bigger bikes. A certain Nicoloff comes to mind beating HW twins on a 125 at Putnam... He beat 'em pretty bad in the rain once... Jason Peters can really run the heck out of those 125 as well... What's the hp of a 125? Around 50 or 60 or so isn't it? Granted, they are purpose built machines, but that just reinforces someone's earlier post about it being more the rider than the bike... I've also damn near ran over 750s and 'Busas on my lil 'ol FZR, and I'm slow! (During a track day, of course). Like Greg said, if you ride a predicable line, the fast guys will barely notice you, just don't get startled too badly by 'em!

5. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Thanks for the messages and advice!

If and when I do this on my MZ Skorpion it shouldn't be to different than my practice group with AHRMA. That's right, because my bike is considered modern I'm in the same practice group as the TLR's and other big twins. I'm kinda use to other bikes flying past on the straights.

It will be nice to race with WERA again because it's been a year or more . . . Bruce

6. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member