1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LP Pop Chock...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dave333, Aug 30, 2003.

1. dave333

dave333 traveler

I need a chock for the wood floor in the bed of my PU. I remember trying a pop chock or pingle chock more than a year ago with a 120/70-17 front tire with a 320mm rotor, and the rotors would contact the top rails of the chock. Does anyone have a recommendation for me for either a permanent or removable chock that won't hit the rotors?

I need one to haul my bike around but can't spend money for a Baxley Sport Chock right now, which is what I used before.

tia, y'all!

2. dave333

dave333 traveler

What? Am I goofy? Your wheel chocks don't hit the rotors?

3. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Yep your goofy :)

If your rotors hit you had the wrong ones. Order the wide Pop chocks I believe 6" (maybe 5"?)
    LP makes various ones for different bikes you most likely had the one for a dirt bike which are very narrow. The two largest sizes I have not had a problem with street bikes.

4. Dan Montgomery

Dan Montgomery Well-Known Member

I had the Pingle chock and it hit the rotors on my GSXR750. The LP is lower on the sides and works good. The best setup is a LA Chock, you would have to flip your trailer to turn your bike over with one of those.

5. mikey

mikey Active Member

I use the standard Pingle streetbike chock for my F3 but I had to get the wider one they offer to fit a CBR929 because its rotors had a larger diameter. I would think that the larger one would work for you too.

6. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I've used the Pit Bull chocks in my trailer for years (removable, like the pingles), and hauling mine and all sorts of bikes for the shop have never had a single problem with rotor clearance.

- Roach

7. gypsy99

gypsy99 Well-Known Member

We use the sportchocks and probably could get by w/out any tie downs. They are that good.

8. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

pit-bull 256.533.1977