1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low numbers on dyno?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tracaddict, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

I recently had my 2007 gsxr 600 tuned, the numbers seemed real low, baseline was 87hp and after tune was 93hp. I have full yosh exhaust, bmc filter, velocity stacks, and pcIII. I was also using u4.4. I did however have a 195 ntec slick on the back that was at about 15 p.s.i. The motor has half of a race season on it and 4,500 street miles. The tuner also said he made zero inputs to change the number outcomes.

Any thoughts?

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

The tire

3. BadDaddyBrad67

BadDaddyBrad67 Two Bee's Tuning

Factory Pro or Dyno junk :)

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

well...what do other bikes on the same dyno make? other gixxer600s?

dynos are only relative to themselves.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

6 Horse power increase, sounds good to me. Need more details, every dyno reads differently. Some like the KWS dyno seem to read higher than others. A dyno is relitive to itself only. Do other bikes dynoed on the same dyno all read low?

6. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

That usually makes 105+ish on my DJ250i dyno.
    Heavy, large circumference, underinflated tire slows acceleration which screwed up HP calculation.

7. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

I had my 04 GSXR 600 dyno'd on a DynoJet 250i and it put down 90HP with a 28k mile motor (street and track). I had a D211 GPA on it at the time and the operator put 35psi in the rear. Low air pressure in the rear will cause more resistance on the roller which would yield lower numbers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  8. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

clutch switch?

9. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

93 Factory Pro = 107 Dynojet

My 06 GSXR 600 with degreed cams and a thin head gasket made 94 Factory pro with 5k miles on it. It went pretty good.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Another reason for not using a low tire pressure is that it leaves more room for the tire to "grow" as the speed increases, changing the circumference of the tire which will cause an inaccurate reading. In order to get somewhat consistant reading from one dyno to another (250i to 250i) is to minimize the variables. ie. 4th gear run with 35-40# with same gearing is just an example. I have dynoed a bike on a 250i at 750' and again at 5200' while using the same correction factor and keeping the variables consistant while the Hp readings were almost identical. The key is keeping all the variables (including operator) as close as possible. JMO Tdub

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Found that one out the hard way :(