1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of rule changes for AMA in 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 2014 will be just like Barber 2011 where we rolled the same 2 bikes through tech Friday morning as the previous weekend. The difference was the team owner had pissed off the el tech jefe the previous weekend, and he rejected 1 of the motorcycles due to the lack of vin# (it was a replacement frame from a famous Daytona 200 last lap crash) and had passed through tech the previous weekends.

So then you have 1 tech'd motorcycle and the other is for parts. Except for the frame I guess. Luckily your team has a brand new streetbike in the truck allowing you to completely disassemble the new motorcycle, and the perfectly functional motorcycle, and reassemble into a backup bike. That night.

God I miss racing. Those are good days.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's one way to keep it classy San Diego, everyone on the grid rocking spec- tool Harbor Freight patches and stickers.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i think the rules are the rules, they apply to everyone and there is going to be some great racing this year, and i'm looking forward to it

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Makes more sense since here is the green

[​IMG]

5. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

this statement makes me worry.... so does that mean no air time and the only time we will see the racing is pics.... lol

so worried about the rules and nothing on the schedule... nothing on air time..... making this real easy to sell to sponsors.

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I like how we are discussing the 2 bike rule and Chris is geeking about the number plate backgrounds.

:D

7. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Party pooper :Poke:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

what color plates on the harleys? If a group needs pink plates it's those emo kids.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People were bitching then too :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Sorry.

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

vance and hines chooses the plate design for that class

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're spending money? I thought you were hired to work the races.

13. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Did I miss this in the rules?
    C/P from Graves on FB
    "Yamaha YEC ECU and Harness' are now required for AMA Supersport and Daytona Sportbike"

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That's funny. Why do you think there is a huge RM Racing sticker on the bike?

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Cover up road rash?? J/K :Poke:

16. latch

latch Well-Known Member

That doesn't appear to be correct from the way I read it:

17. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

During the entire duration of the event, each rider can only use one (1) complete motorcycle, as presented for Technical Inspection, with the frame clearly identified with a unique V.I.N. number and AMA Pro supplied seal. In case the frame needs to be replaced, the rider or the team can request the use of a spare frame to the acting AMA Pro Technical Director.

The pre-assembled spare frame must be presented to the Technical Director to receive permission to rebuild the motorcycle. The pre-assembly of the frame shall be strictly limited to:
    Main frame
    Bearings (steering pipe, swing arm, etc.)
    Swing arm assembly
    Rear suspension linkage and shock absorber
    Upper and lower triple clamps
    Wiring harness

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:Pop: This ain't shit you start two hours before quitting time. This is a Monday morning-quality discussion that will sadly die over the weekend. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To get you to work cheaper than normal :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not starting shit, honest question. Not even sure who Rick was working for this year to be honest.