1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost title help - AZ

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, May 14, 2020.

1. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Folks,

I’m in Missouri and looking at an old fixer upper that a friend has. He acquired it at an estate sale and the widow he bought it off of 7-8 years ago lost the title and is now MIA.

I contacted my buddy at the Sherrif’s office with the VIN and PO’s name. The truck was never registered in Missouri and it not listed as stolen.

It was previously titled in Arizona and from people I’ve spoke to, this is where the widow most likely is now because she has family there.

How/who/where do I need to go to get info on this truck from the state of Arizona? I need her to file for lost title there then transfer it (if she’s willing) to me so the transaction is legal. Otherwise it’s just going to be a glorified parts truck.

Anyone in AZ got a hookup for something like this?

Thanks,

Brian

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Apply for a bonded title in your state

3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Seems legit but looks like I’ve got to carry a bond for 3 years before I can apply a regular title. I’ll need to do some more research on that option.

4. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Give these guys a call:

http://www.dcrtitles.com/

They are a third party title service. Fees are $10 more than the DMV and save hours standing in line.

They have always been super helpful the 20+ times I've used them. Super quick and were able to help with titles that had liens on them