1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Wera management...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Harwell, Apr 27, 2013.

1. BEi/DunlopRace

BEi/DunlopRace Well-Known Member

Let me elaborate.

My disappointment in turnout has to do with all the keyboard heros on this site. All winter long you bitch about adding this class, changing this rule, etc. You say "if you do this 30 of us will show up and race." You get what you wish for then don't bother showing up. If you don't race or plan on racing shut the fuck up and keep your opinions to yourself!

As far as Mongo goes. Yes, Emily and crew do a great job without him. Things probably even run smoother without him. But if I need to cuss and argue with someone, Mongo is my go to guy.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Okay, who stole Billy's account?
    :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously?

I stayed home to save WERA from spending money it can't afford and because I know we have some amazing officials who do a fantastic job and don't need me there.

Evelyne spent most of Sunday sick in bed. She's also already in the office working on the next event.

So yeah, it was all because we hate our customers. Have to say, beginning to dislike one who is just being a dick for no reason and with no clue at all about anything....

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So on a light turnout event I should have spent company money to be there? How in the hell would that make sense?

5. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

i'd like to take a moment to thank everybody at wera for giving little ol' me a place to go race my motorcycle.

- jim

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was surprised at not getting any texts...

For all of you - we do a standalone National at Talladega because it's the one place we can afford to do so. It was cheaper to have Evelyne take her car and get a room than to bring over the RV (both of us in the car wasn't an option as we'd have had to board the dogs). We have a great group of people who run races. Me being there would have contributed nothing and cost WERA money, it's a simple decision to make.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why ya always gotta get all lawyered up when you respond? :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It just seemed so far out of the norm. You know, 2 + 2 X 6 = 237.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Damnit you two... knock it off. This thread isn't about bagging on me, it's about bagging on the Mongo.

Stay focused. :D

11. Scott Harwell

Scott Harwell Well-Known Member

Sorry for the post. My opinions are mine and nobody else's in the team that I work for. Mongo please remove this thread and me from the BBS.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not bagging on you, just showing my work. I'm practicing for the SATs so I can go back to kollege and be a "Blue" in a Frat.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. You said it, you deal with it.

14. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

I just had a call from Scott to apologize - I must say I knew nothing about this until his call. I went to Talladega to help on Friday since Emily was short on help and stayed through the end of the Endurance on Saturday because I love the Endurance.....I had just flown back from a Vegas Round Tuesday night - spent Wednesday and Thursday morning in the office and drove out to Tally......Sean had no need to go and it did save us money on Diesel for the RV, etc. Right now any money saved is a good thing. I drove home Saturday after the Endurance, posted on Facebook and went to bed with a cough - woke up Sunday with a headache from hell and was in bed all day coughing...I've been fighting some crud since I came home from February Vegas event....well it's back and I am sick again. I could understand this if we were superhumans, but we are humans and I do love this sport and just wish people would ask before they spout off......what would I have promoted Sunday????? My staff did a tremendous job and so did all the riders who stayed out there and put on the show! Congratulations to BEI in Saturday it was a great race. Walk a mile in my shoes........:)

Scott - you need to apologize to Emily too - she is WERA upper management and without her I would not be able to keep this all going. I don't worry when she is in charge......

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I don't know about you guys but I got passed by wera ceo on the way to the track, than got hug when I got to the track and another one when I was done racing.
    I blame Mongo for been passed, if he was in car she would not be able to pull that pass :)

16. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Wooohoo 2nd gear finally!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I call bullshit - we'd have been in the RV and smoked past you anyway :D

18. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Pffft excuses. Everyone knows y'all are only working the exact moments and weekends we see you at the track. The weekends we don't see you, at the one event we're at, you obviously are at your beach villa in Bimini! Other race weekends? what the hell are you talking about? all that Cristal must of gone to your head. Theres only racing when we go to the track! And don't even get me started on the week days! While we're all hard at work busting our ass for our concierge tent payments you're "holding down the fort" at the whale suite in Vegas.

( :D please don't hurt me. )

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sad part is I know the whale suite is a fat joke not a making buhzillions off of racing joke :D

20. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

so... traveling to Grattan this weekend, Mongo?