1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for trackday soon...

Discussion in 'General' started by HideOut, May 4, 2007.

1. HideOut

HideOut Well-Known Member

First of all I dont race so Barber this weekend is out (although there is a slight chance I might come to watch to leave the madness of the Derby here...)

But I just did Putnam last weekend and would love to get another day in sometime this month. The end of the month there are a few dates here and there but not to many. I go back to work soon and would love to ride at least one more before I do. Jennings I did th is spring (ugly wreck, got hit by a target fixated sv1000 and knocked me out). I MIGHT go back there but Id prefer another track as I want to see as many as I can. The RC51 crew is doing barber next weekend but I dont have a 51. So does anyone know of any trackdays in the next couple of weeks that dont require a certain bike?

Heartland in Topeka, KS is also a possibility but I know nothing about it. I did jennings partly because of its counter clockwise layout and I need to work on my lefts. It did ALOT of good, i dropped almost 9 seconds off of my times from last fall at Putnam :D

At any rate, i no longer have a street bike so Im itching...any ideas?

2. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

How soon??? I believe STT is at Tally the weekend of 5/26-27. Hell of a lot cheaper than Barber. I'll probably be there.:up:

3. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

If you want to work on your lefts, go to Talladega. Just one right on the entire course.

4. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

:rock: (sorry, had to do something to get my 200th post)

5. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Heartland is a fun track - nice mix of turns, and it is a counter-clockwise track. There are a couple spots where there's walls uncomfortably close, but the run over the hill at the end of the pit straight (fast blind entry kink) is a rush!

6. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

before they ground the hill down to nothing it was a really a rush

7. HideOut

Im just hopin I dont have to wait till the end of the month. I hope im working buy then lol

8. chipnalong

chipnalong Well-Known Member

rc 51 day

i believe anyone can ride the rc51 day .look on the stt web they are hosting it for wheeler

9. HideOut

i know a guy here going but he was invited, i thougth it was 51's only... maybe not

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

there are tons of trackdays coming up this month.

just go to:
    sportbiketracktime.com or
    nesba.com or
    cycleoptions.com or
    apex2apex.net

there are many more...those are just off the top of my head. but i don't think there's a track you CAN'T ride this month.

or go to the website for the track you want to ride and look at their schedule of events coming up.

11. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

12. HideOut

if its the cycleoptions im thinking of that was this past weekend at putnam. I did that :D

I just dont wann wait to long, id love to go next weekend or no later than the weekend after...

13. OSHOW422

OSHOW422 Active Member

chipnalong is correct, that's not usually the case with him, but anyone can ride the RC51 day but it has been sold out for a month or so. As the STT website says follow the link to the RC51 org. However that is the case with all STT events at Barber-they sell out pretty quick. June is almost all sold out already and the Tally days are filling up fast also.

14. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Depends on which day you go. STT runs clockwise on Saturday and CCW on Sunday.

15. jcburris

jcburris Well-Known Member

track days

I'm planning on going to putnam at the end of the month myself, i was looking at the track schedules there were a few this month, I am in Frankfort, so if you are going to putnam let me know, I am new at this myself and need some track time before i enter any of the races, i have extra space in my trailer if you are interested in splitting some transportation cost to the track

CHRIS