1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for Lyles Sanders

Discussion in 'General' started by wera688, Apr 29, 2002.

1. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

hey bud, I think I might have a line on a Laverda Ghost that a guy is selling. I think he wants $4500. I'll find out more tomorrow at work.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not another one!

3. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Won't help you against Ol' Bessie. Will probably be riding her again at the next race.

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Kith- I don't think Lyles is addicted to the BBS like us. I sent you a PM with his home #. :)

5. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I think he was still partying at Talladega on Sunday when I left. :D
    Might still be there! :eek:

6. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

so Tell me why do they call you 595joe am curious if you have one?

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yes, I indeed have a Triumph T595 Daytona. I used it for sport riding and the occassional track day and school. Now, I race an RZ350 in Vintage classes Formula 2-stroke, V-5, and Clubman. So the T595 is now back to being just my street ride. It's a fantastic sport bike for the street, but it became a hand full when ridden hard on the track. I found it's biggest problems on the track to be poor suspension and a high C.G. The brakes are great and the power delivery made for very controllable slides. :)

8. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

I am racing it predecessor a 2002 Daytona and with the double sided swingarm it isn't as bad. I think it helps that I am 6'3" and I can get it muscled around but it is putting out much better HP also then in previous years. Had my first top 10 with it this past weekend in basically like 2 and 1/2 weekends so I think it is getting a little closer to the competition. Did you ever try the Attack linkage on it? I work for Triumph and talking with Mickey out at OCT it made a big difference.
    John Fields
    Novice #417

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

No, I haven't tried that linkage out. Although I love the bike, I have decided to not throw money at it to make it race competitive. Instead, I purchased a dedicated race bike.