1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for lightened subframes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Hollywood, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Anybody know where I could get lightened(a lot) subframes for 2007 GSXR 600's? I'm looking to trim some fat off the bike and figured this would be a good place to start. Don't want to just start cutting stuff off, would prefer complete units that don't look like ass.

Any helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks.:beer:

2. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

i have an R&R http://www.r-r-racing.com/subframes.htmlon my bike and it does the job for me. KWS used a Siebemoto ( i think ) on their superbike. while not cheap like my r&r it was really really cool and very light. call chip and verify what one they used at barber on the superbike.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

4. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

I have the R&R also.
    Good deal for the price.

5. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

R&R here as well.

6. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Thanks all, the Yoyodyne ones look awesome, but the site says they are out of stock. The R&R ones don't look so bad.

What could the weight difference possibly be to warrant a 100% price difference between the two? Is one THAT much lighter than the other?

Anybody had any luck with a fabricator tigging anything up off the bike? Not looking to be cheap, looking to be lighter.

Thanks again everyone.:up:

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Contact Fred at Yoyo and see when they'll be available. The ones we used for the 675s were a nice pice of kit. They're aluminum. Light and strong.

Don't have any experience with the R&R pieces to compare them.

8. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

Endurance Engineering in Allentown, Pa.

Bare alum. or powdercoat black

Used on the Matsushima Eslick F/X bikes in 2006 and numerous others-

Chris does great work-and they hold up (and easily can be bent back) - ask me how I know...

[email protected] :up:

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Plug for Endurance Engineering as well ..