1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for good race glove in the 100-150 range

Discussion in 'General' started by DMCCOY, Mar 27, 2008.

1. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a set of agv race gloves from ironpony for a great deal, but after only one track day I'm done with them, the carbon fiber piece on the back of the hand digs in and is extremely painful. I am ready to invest in a better pair. Anyone know of a good deal or can recommend something?

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I have the Komodo FX gloves...might be just a little more but worth it. I love them.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You can get Teknic Speedstars with the CE foam on the back on Ebay for $80, top of the line IMO.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Something I learned this past weekend at VIR. Don't buy a glove without hard protection over EVERY knuckle! The Alpinestars GP-Plus and Pro have this.

My friend lowsided Friday AM and ground down his pinky knuckle to the bone. They had to put him out to clean it. Not good times. Spend the money now for good protection.

5. Run-n-hide

Run-n-hide Well-Known Member

You want the good stuff? Held FTW!

6. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

I just went through the same ordeal, ended up with the Komodo FX glove. They are on close out since the K-FX has come out. I paid $130 w/ shipping from safetyfirstracing, talk to Kristy. I am well pleased.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Just as many will say the hard armour causes broken fingers on minor crashes.

If you get trapped under the bike on a long slide all bets are off.

8. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

I was looking at the GP pros, maybe I will go that route.

9. jbraslins

jbraslins Active Member

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

That's what happened to my buddy Adam on Friday. Hand got stuck under the bike and the spots without the hard armor wore right through to the bone. Parts with the armor wore down but did not penetrate the glove. Crazy stuff.

11. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

HEld Phantoms. spend the money, your hands are worth it.

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Hand injuries suck, hope he heels up quik.

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i have new teknic speedstars, they seem very stout, but get em a size bigger than ya think..

14. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Well, there you go - that's a no brainer!

15. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I just got a pair of the GP pros and while I haven't been to the track yet they do seem pretty good, but order a size larger than normal.

16. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

I will more than likely decide between the alpinestar plus from newenough, or komodo FX from safetyfirst. Since I cannot try either pair on before I buy them, and have not seen either first hand. Which is the better of the two?

17. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

18. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

jnjdad , I was going to call safety first racing and speak with Kristy, but I cannot seem to find the number anywhere on their web page, can you pm me with the number you called?

19. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

nevermind I noticed they dont have medium or smalls in the fx..

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

get some HELD phantoms!