1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a sponsor

Discussion in 'General' started by g maloney, Jul 19, 2012.

1. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Thought this might be a good place to ask.
    I'm in need of a sponsor who can provide/ make a pit box wall for my team at Indy. I have about 80% of my pit box already (my pit box size was increased since we went motogp and I'm coming up short)
    Something as simple as a screen print in a frame will work (nothing too fancy or expensive) - around 6' tall x 20' long.
    Supporting sponsor can put logos on along with gptech signage. More than likely this wall will be seen on tv (well placed background during interviews and filming shorts) - basically very good exposure.
    Cement wall could use graphics to but I'm not pushing my luck.
    If someone wanted the complete job with total signage on everything, I can also allow that. - right now I just need one wall

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

If you need anything automotive painted I will do it. Im not a company just a racer with a supporting hobby and you have always been good to me....let me know if I can help...

Also, I like that lighter blue you always use. Got a bike in mind for it. If you have a paint code or info for it
    PM me with the details.

3. g maloney

I forgot to mention a paddock pass goes to anyone giving this for no charge. This is not your average gate pass.

Understood if this is not free - good big discount would help though.

4. g maloney

Composite-art is doing the paintwork and reshaping the gsxr bodywork. Dripping Wet is doing graphics on bike.
    Thanks for the paint offer! Last year a couple panels on the Moto 2 bike were rattle canned (four feathers did all other painting last year).

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I know someone that might be able to help Geoff. Will email you info.

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Well if you ever need some help with real paint please feel free to contact me. I will do the best I can for you.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yo Geoff, I forwarded this thread and all your info to my buddy who runs a sign/vinyl shop. good luck this year too.

- Collin

8. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Just posted a PM.

9. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

In a time when riders are bitching over 100K brakes...

"yeah I totally entered the World Championship with a spray panted bike" Geoff is racing like a f*ing BOSS!

Tell Dorna (who are so concerned with saving money) that all bikes must be rattle canned :)

10. g maloney

Racing like the rest of you
    I just happen to be making most of my parts or making what I have work. You would be surprised how many parts aren't legal for the domestic series today, but are fine for motogp. Some good garage sale finds are out there for this project.
    Thanks to everyone helping with this topic (I'm getting emails for to now)!
    Tons of signage left on bike (if anyone is interested) - get the word out. You might be surprised how cheap a privateer team is.

11. g maloney

Paint in a rattle can weighs less

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Most of the cars at the Chili Bowl Nationals are not painted because of weight. Function over form baby. Good luck at Indy.

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear Four Feathers Racing did not rattle can anything :)
    Here is a pic(Brian J Nelson) of our paint work on last year's GP Tech Moto2 entry.

We enjoy working with Geoff on these incredibly cool projects and encourage anyone and everyone to get involved at any level that you can, you will not be disappointed. We have been involved in the CRT project for months now and look forward to another great experience at Indy.

Attached Files:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can come up with some pvc pipe and fitting, bed sheets, and sharpies - will that work?

:D

This thread does remind me, need to start working on some passes :eek:

15. g maloney

I like the bedsheet idea. Can I get away with a print?
    Scotty is right: four feathers kicked ass on the paint and delivery time last year!!
    Side note: FF did not paint the tank or tank cover (rattle can with drips from spilling race fuel - look closely) and FF was given crap to work with from the start.
    Maybe 5 lbs of stickers hid the tank well?
    Thanks FF!!!

16. g maloney

I would like to add, Scotty at four feathers racing is one of the biggest reasons I got going quickly with the CRT bike. He provided a bike on loan to me so we had something to pattern off of in the shop. Not only that he allowed me to cross into Canada with it. BIG thanks!!
    Also thanks to James Belinger for letting me strip his brand new (not started yet) 2012 bike down to a bucket of bolts so I could 3d scan the frame for a reference!! I did put it all back together (note: oem does not use enough grease on bearings if any at all) - putting the oem plastic back on w turn signals was weird
    Thanks to the rest of the village of people helping too!!

17. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Sent you an email Geoff

18. caferace

caferace No.

ditto. :)

-jim

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Geoff, is your build of this bike going to be published somewhere? I'd love to read about the work going into it.

20. g maloney

I'll write it down afterwards. And just give updates and comments when I can (probably just addressing stuff on this bbs at times). I'm too busy to blog and don't have it in me to get a facebook page. I will put a webpage together afterwards highlighting all who helped and highlighting some stories. I've already got stories that are just unbelievable. GoPro put in for tentative help for filming the build (taking pics all along the way too).