1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a little advice

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by tittys04, Nov 22, 2011.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo, I've got a couple of questions and was hoping you could give me some definitive answers.

After threatening to start racing for like 3 years, it's looking like this year is going to be the year. Since I'm in the Mid-west and you guys don't have a super-strong presence there, I was planning on doing a school with CCS and get my novice license with them, but I also want to ride with WERA when I can make it happen.

First of all, since CCS doesn't have a PN status, does it mean that once I get the novice license with CCS, I can then apply for a novice license with WERA without having the PN status?

Secondly, you mentioned in the "plates" thread that:
    I am hoping to have the same WERA and CCS numbers, so does that mean that if I pay for a license ahead of time (ie, in the near future), that I can put my requested number on that and have that taken care of before I ever sign up for a race? I ask because if I don't already have a license, it seems weird that WERA would just issue a license prior to taking a race class. Did you mean that once the race class is taken, then you can send in a license app prior to being at the track?

Thanks for your help, and as said in other threads, thanks for starting this section, it's nice having most of the information in one place.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you would be a Novice with WERA if you're a Novice with CCS.

You can buy the license before you do the school - you just can't race until you've completed a school (or gotten a license with another org).

3. tittys04

Awesome, thanks. I'll go ahead and get that ball rolling so I can hopefully get the same numbers. Thanks again Mongo.

4. tittys04

Hey Mongo, I was just thinking ahead today and thought of another oddball question. Hypothetically, if I were to get an expert license with CCS (in the future), do you also honor the expert license for WERA, or would I still be required to prove myself and get a separate bump in WERA? Thanks!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you go expert with one you're expert with the other.

6. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Active Member

Canadian Rider

Good Day

I race in Parts Canada National races as a Amateur racer (AM SportBike and Am SBK) and hold a Canadian racer's Licence with R.A.C.E. and Parts Canada CSBK would my Licence be valid to race with you guy's ? or would I have to do a race school with you ?
    also what Classes do you race ?
    What would a Amateur race in WERA ?
    I would like to try my luck at Grattan this July.

We run red number's on white back ground here in Canada if your not a pro would I have to change colours ?

7. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Can't answer all of your questions but classes amateurs race goes by the bike ran. The rule book on the main site lists all of the classes for both novice and expert's. Also, novices run yellow backgrounds while experts run white.

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You will have to get a Wera license to earn points and contingency but shouldn't have to take the race school again. You'll be a novice here. From being at a number of weekends at Grattan where a Canadian racer came down, I they have just let people run their normal plates (the red on white). Ends up being the call of the race director.

9. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Active Member

Thanks to easy !!