1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good tuner for a 996

Discussion in 'Tech' started by BrunswickBomber, Aug 25, 2003.

1. BrunswickBomber

BrunswickBomber Active Member

Ever since I picked up my 996 from Midwest for my 6k service and single injector conversion, my bike doesn't hold an idol at or below 180 on my temp gauge. Even when I'm on the highway for 20 min or more, when I get off at an exit and stop at the first light I get to, the bike will stall. I took the bike back to Midwest and had the tech look at it and he just closed the air screws a half of a turn and said that would fix it. Well I'm still here and my bike still stalls. I put my old chip back in, set the air screws and trim tab in the ECU back to the old settings and plugged the two injectors back in and my bike is more powerful than ever...but it still stalls! I've come to grips with the fact I got hosed AGAIN by someone who claims to be a Ducati M.D. So I'm looking for someone to tune my bike with some kind of guarantee. The single injector thing is a joke so anyone looking to get that done should think twice. If anyone out there knows of someone or can give me their settings please give me a reply.

2. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

single injector mod is the way to go until you make 120 hp or so. even then, the single injector setup can be made to work up to 130 rwhp with some tweaks. sounds to me like no one bothered to properly set up the TPS on your bike. link to a guy that talks about how to do this it's for ST2, but identical to 916/996. your attitude makes you sound a little bit "know-it-all-ish", but we'll attribute that to your frustration. the singe injector mod does work. and if you know better, then you're more of an expert than many who are respected in the industry.

you want performance tuners? look to: doug lofgren, jeff nash, bcm ducati, mbp ducati, ben fox.

good luck,
    chris

3. BrunswickBomber

BrunswickBomber Active Member

Thanks for the reply.

I've already found a tuner, Doug from MPH in Hudson OH. He seems like a pretty nice guy and the one tuner I spoke with (Scott, I think?) really seemed to know his shit. I set up an appointment for the 5th so I'll post a reply after the work is done. I let him know that the TPS had to be off for my bike to run this way. It was pretty obvious since the screw heads are so chewed up from the the SuperTech that handled it last because all of my settings were back to stock, with the exception of the TPS. Thanks for the linke though. I didn't know you could set the TPS without a Ducati Mathisis Mechine. I'll have to give that a try sometime.;)