1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Competetive Local Grattan 600 rider

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Justin Garvin, Jul 3, 2006.

1. We ( the Guys from WOW) are hosting a MSB Team at Grattan and are looking for a Competetive local rider that knows Grattan.
    Our cost for the 6 hour race is $500 and that includes all tires, gas, entry and drinks (water/ propel) for the race.
    We will be running our 2006 GSXR 600(A Bike)/ 2004 GSXR 600(b bike).

If you are interested please contact Doug at 407 399 9773.

2. What brand of tires are you running?

3. dunlops:tut:

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member

i'll do it. i'm slow, never been to grattan, wreck from time to time, and i'd be riding injored. wa'ya say???

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

DAM

Would love to have another go there. Try a guy on this forum called DIGGER DOM:up:

6. Nine29

Nine29 Well-Known Member

Bojan Mlijkovic...if you know how to reach him.

7. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Hey Justin- I know this guy named Frank the Tank. He is really fast and consistent and I heard he is looking for a ride. You might have to pay him a salary though.

8. is everyone a comedian on this forum, come on guys. I need someone legit.
    that has time on the track

9. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

What times are you wanting the member to be able to run?

I may know a few that may be interested.

10. Your cost is 500 per rider?

11. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

Awe Justin! I feel hurt, you don't think I'm legit? I'll have you know that I am quite a comedian!!!

12. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

are you running stander shift or gp shift, if standered i known someone that might do it with a pay check of 500.00

13. We are runnig GP shift, and as for times I would like someone that knows the track well, so that its is second nature and can run 45 minute stints with no problem With Competitive times.

14. yea and If there is a payout, The funds will be dispersed equally among the riders

15. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Looking at last years endurance times the fastest lap in MSB was in the 1:22 range so, Im guessing :24's & :25's would be considered "Competitive" with the occasional dipping down into the :22's & :23's....

I run dunlops and gp shift but the $500 pretty much knocked me off the "considering it" possibility.

It looks like rain this weekend up there too....you may want someone who can go good in the wet as well..

16. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

dont be a sissy !!! :tut:

17. What sounds so bad about $500.
    Im gonna try and break this down
    1/3 of a 6hr race=2hrs of race time plus 1/3 of endurance practice ,1/3 expense of tires, maintenance,fuel for bike and generator @ $3+ a gallon. Free drinks, and Free bike to ride. This is as close to a factory or Semi Factory ride as you will get. And this is a team effort
    or for the same 2 hrs of time you can do
    1 sprint $75
    2nd $65
    3rd $55
    4th $55
    5 $55
    6$55
    7$55
    8$55
    tires $350
    fuel $35 +
    for 2 hrs of race time= $855
    Oh yea and you need to provide a bike and maintenance.Hmm sounds like endurance sounds pretty good at $500
    Oh did I mention that now we want a $1000 check deposit before the race just in case someone decides to make a faster line thru the grass or infield:p

18. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to imply it was "Bad" just don't have 5 bills to blow on your endurance effort...plus the travel time and cost.

19. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

im with jeffrop on this one unless the rider is local (real local) that would be atleast a $700-$800 weekend if there was travel involved

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Hi Davie:D