1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightweight Class gets no respect

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by FZR 473, Aug 5, 2013.

1. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

decided to send an email. Better option! Sorry for taking up the bandwidth

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries - you're absolutely right and we'll get it fixed.

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Now I'm curious. What's gonna get fixed?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Press releases.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Did someone on the Internet actually figure out that you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar?

...I feel like we just divided by 0

6. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

If you are referring to the RRW press release I am all 100,000% with you. Not only do they not care about the lightweight class, they do not care about the midlleweight class either that made up 50% of the grid at VIR !!!!!!!
    Ever since they dropped printing articles hard copies about WERA racing (and CCS as well) it all went down the drain, just like their magazine.
    The people at RRW are so STUPID they listed Team Coyote twice as racing a Yamaha R6 !!!!!!!! Team Coyote on a Yamaha R6 ??? What planet are the people at RRW from? Planet Moroncluelessmotoman may be? Team Coyote on a Yamaha?.... what are these people smoking? $hit from an Afghan Camel feed on an opium field? Did they EVER come to any race ?
    I also cannot believe that they listed the race results for 15 bikes only out of 17 for VIR. How do you think these last 2 teams that raced for 4 hours that did not get listed feel ? (just 2 more lines)... they probably hate RRW forever and also probably wonder if any RRW staff ever rode anything other than a liquorcycle 50cc scooter, which is what they look like , feel like and smell like.
    I still have a subscription with RRW but probably not for long since everything they print is OLD news (MotoGP, WSB and AMA). So if they cannot spell out club racers names or classes or results properly even on the Web why bother.
    Sean, feel free to forward this thread to them and give them my contact information so I can give it to them in person.
    Hang in there my lightweight brothers, your day will come :)

MP

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Pissed much? lol I dont think calling RRW names and insulting them is going to make them care for your classes more. They are the only magazine that I have noticed that tries to give a shit about club racing. It's not the good ol' days...

The LW bikes provide amazing races but rarely get much talk outside of themselves. I loved racing LW and had some amazing races...but no one else cared much. It's just how it goes when you ride girly bikes ya know. :)

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

9. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

Since I started this......

I started a post and then decided to send an email so I deleted it. In both, I did not rant, curse, demand, or act like an idiot. I only asked if WERA could mention the LW winner in future Endurance press releases.

You know what....both Sean and Evelyne replied that they would take care of it in the future. So a thank you to both.

And a thank you to providing an Endurance series for us. They dont have....because I know they are not making much (if any) money on it. I love Endurance racing and hope we have a place to compete in the future.

And Michel....very disappointed in you. RRW is the only magazine or website that even covers club racing. They too do not have to. They could just post stuff about Moto GP, WSB, AMA, etc . If something is wrong that they print, send them an email. Or give them a call. They reply to emails and even answer the phone when you call. They have been receptive in the past to fix any mistakes. A post like yours only hurts us......it does not help our cause.

Brian Kcraget

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

This got interesting...

Great response FZR.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Endurance races lose money, have for years. I still love it.

RRW doesn't write the press releases, we do. If there is something missing from them just let us know and we'll work on it. Lately they've been done secondhand by someone in an effort to get them done in a more timely manner since we're busy at the track and usually traveling right after the event.

As Brian said, RRW covers club racing and does a great job at it. Yes I understand wanting more coverage but insulting them doesn't help that happen.